Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Geno View Post
How soon do you think?
End of the month apparently.
Quote:
And anyone know the exact address of the Moreland Avenue one?
Don't know the exact address but it is where the Mrs Winners used to be next to EAV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 02:21 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
How soon do you think?

And anyone know the exact address of the Moreland Avenue one?
355 Moreland Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30316

Located at the old Hook's Seafood Restaurant just off I-20. I drove by it on Sunday and noticed that someone was cleaning inside the restaurant but the old Hook's Seafood sign was still up.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM

29 posts, read 31,690 times
I put that in my GPS about a week ago and only saw an abandoned seafood place, yeah. I did go late at night, though.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:40 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
I put that in my GPS about a week ago and only saw an abandoned seafood place, yeah. I did go late at night, though.
The sign on the restaurant is up but the sign at the street has not been replaced.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
Tomorrow's News Today - Atlanta: Get Ready! Cook-Out is Opening in Atlanta THIS MONTH, With More to Come!

Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM

322 posts, read 586,379 times
Cant Wait!

Old 04-15-2014, 03:45 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post

Tomorrow's News Today - Atlanta: Cook-Out is Coming to Atlanta! ... Inside The Perimeter!

the famous "cook out" is opening a location off of moreland avenue, next to east atlanta village.

i have never actually been, but i know the signs from driving through NC up 85 along the east coast.

several commenters on the link above note that cook out almost always locates near a college campus, so they thought it was weird for them to locate in east atlanta for their first location. my guess is that they're used to standalone restaurants and since GA tech and GSU are urban, they would have to locate inside a shared building, so they chose hipster central instead.
I left my family and Atlanta in 2007, to take a nursing job in Durham, NC. I remember on night shift, one of the nurses decided to go get food for everyone. I asked her where, and she said "Cook Out." I was like, "Where??" I didn't realize at the time it was an institution here!! lol. GREAT MILKSHAKES by the way! Kinda wasn't expecting they'd ever make it to Atlanta.

After that, I was told I had to pick a team. "A team?" I said. "Yep. Are you a Tar Heel, or a Blue Devil?" But that's a WHOLE other story.....

Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 PM

29 posts, read 31,690 times
Heh, I thought I'd never see Cook-Out again after moving to Atlanta from NC.. 'tis a shame that I'm about 20 miles away from it though. I can't find many excuses to waste gas just to eat at my favorite restaurant, right?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,005 times
Quote:
Heh, I thought I'd never see Cook-Out again after moving to Atlanta from NC.. 'tis a shame that I'm about 20 miles away from it though. I can't find many excuses to waste gas just to eat at my favorite restaurant, right?
Why, OF COURSE you can! lol. Just make a day of it!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
This place looks like an incredible value. I have my doubts that it tastes as good as people say it does though. I only say this because of the regional love for burger chains always disappoints. In n Out, ok...its a burger with fries that are way too thin. Whataburger, I love it, but its really nothing special. Five Guys(formerly a regional chain) - pretty bland burger with a ton of fries. I am tempering my expectations for Cook-Out due to this. I hope I am finally proven wrong.

But the price is right! Anywhere I can get a quesadilla and chili as a side has already won me over
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: