Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:09 PM

708 posts, read 999,481 times

Advertisements

This is what everyone dreamed of transit,pedestrian,towers retail and more all I gotta say go head DOWNTOWN!!! The stadium is about to be built,2 major museums,and underground might be for sale and be revitalize,Proposed Renovation of Centennial Park,Atlanta streetcar now this? This is great for downtown and this is atleast 3+ billion dollars worth of development for downtown.

Like I said the City is prepared for a BOOM. Now just Midtown but, Downtown,Midtown and Buckhead, lets go Atlanta!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
This is what everyone dreamed of transit,pedestrian,towers retail and more all I gotta say go head DOWNTOWN!!! The stadium is about to be built,2 major museums,and underground might be for sale and be revitalize,Proposed Renovation of Centennial Park,Atlanta streetcar now this? This is great for downtown and this is atleast 3+ billion dollars worth of development for downtown.
No part of Atlanta has even come close to having the kind of public investment pumped into it that downtown has had over the last 50 years.

So it is well overdue for an explosion!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM

631 posts, read 1,093,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarkand A East View Post
After watching that video, there's a new development in my pants.
lol

Old 03-19-2014, 06:33 PM

477 posts, read 593,978 times
I like how they threw the streetcar spur that's part of the second phase of the network into the video. This whole thing looks amazing. This is one pipe dream that needs to come true.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
I will gladly pay a little more in taxes for this to happen.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:54 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
It looks like the streetcar is running east-west along a improved Alabama St. None of the recent plans for the Beltline/streetcar have this. They have the street car connecting to the MMPT along Peachtree (running north-south).

Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
It looks like the streetcar is running east-west along a improved Alabama St. None of the recent plans for the Beltline/streetcar have this. They have the street car connecting to the MMPT along Peachtree (running north-south).
That's correct. My mistake. I got turned around and forgot I was looking at the proposed Alabama Street.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:07 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
I like it.

I especially like that the proposal for the station includes plans to construct much high-rise, high-density development around the station.

Though, I do think that the MMPT structure itself also needs to be more of a high-density, high-rise mixed-use development above the station/train-bus terminal so that the maximum amount of revenue is generated from real estate profits and maximum ridership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Who is paying for it?
At this point, it will most-likely be the revenues from the surrounding high-rise, high-density mixed-use real estate development that pays for the construction of the MMPT in Downtown Atlanta.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Though, I do think that the MMPT structure itself also needs to be more of a high-density, high-rise mixed-use development above the station/train-bus terminal so that the maximum amount of revenue is generated from real estate profits and maximum ridership.
I agree. The plans allow for three overbuild skyscrapers to be built directly on top of the MMPT itself, so if the demand is there, that contingency will go into effect I'm sure.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,999 times
This is nice, now this is what makes a city international. About time the State show Atlanta some love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta