Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone here who lives there or knows anyone who lives there that could give some insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 09:28 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Just as a heads up, the apartment ratings website seems to skew VERY negative. I have lived in apartments before that had a 50% rating and thought it was fine, and I am picky.

There are some useful comments in the reviews, I just wouldn't put much into the overall rating.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:43 AM

561 posts, read 781,008 times
I agree. If you had to base where you live on the apartment ratings website, there would almost be NO places to live. It seems there are negative reviews on EVERY complex in existence. I'm starting to think that people are overly picky.

Most reviews harp on noises from neighbors. I mean, c'mon man, it's an apartment. I haven't seen one yet that doesn't transfer some noise from neighbors through the walls. All complexes will have break-ins. Crime happens everywhere. Bugs will also happen in large complexes since every neighbor may not be as cleanly as you are.

These are the facts of apartment living.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 5,978 times
I looked at the EON, ultimately chose the Overlook at Lindbergh and kind of regret my decision. The EON is in what I would call the heart of the Lindbergh area. If walkability to MARTA, bars, and restaurants is very important to you, the EON is a good choice. To me, the EON seemed to be a bit nicer than most of the other apartment complexes in the area, but you do pay for it. It's also important to note that while the EON itself seemed to be a bit of an oasis, the environment immediately around the EON is dense and urban in nature. That said, crime is probably no worse here than anywhere else in the area. Cars do get broken into, and homeless people will be encountered. The Overlook is a nice complex, and I have few complaints. It is however not realistically walkable to the MARTA station. Sidewalks are in terrible shape and traffic on Sidney Marcus makes for an unpleasant, inhospitable, walk. Ask the EON about security. The Overlook is heavily patrolled, and they employ off duty APD officers to keep an eye on the place at all hours. I often come home late, and I see an off duty cop watching the gate or patrolling the complex EVERY night. The EON should be expected to do the same.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
I haven't lived there but am moving shortly and these are the notes I have on Eon:
"These were originally intended as condos, they were recently converted to rentals. Interiors include gourmet kitchens with stainless steel appliances and maple cabinets, and Brazilian hardwood flooring throughout near Tongue and Groove, Taco Mac."

Old 01-15-2014, 09:37 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
I would think the biggest problem with EON would be it being right next to the Norfolk Southern train tracks. Other than that, it's a good area.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:00 AM

265 posts, read 402,298 times
BUMP

I am currently looking at this complex... anyone have anything further to offer about Eon? It keeps coming up in my searches, over and over again, and it looks pretty nice from photos.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:48 AM

925 posts, read 1,333,690 times
Go check out/sit outside the area and see what kinda characters hang out there these days. At some point, i think the apartment rented out to alot of income restricted folks (ie ghetto folks) or rowdy student but that may have changed with time.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:54 AM

265 posts, read 402,298 times
^ Thank you for the response. That surprises me since the prices aren't very low at all. In fact, it's the price that is somewhat deterring me, because for the same money I could rent a similar place in the middle of midtown. But being a stone's throw away from a MARTA station is what is appealing to me... I definitely plan on checking it out as soon as I'm in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta