Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:15 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times

Advertisements

This pretty much illustrates my point. For every one they catch there are probably 20 more that they don't.

DeKalb County police seize more than $128M of illegal drugs - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
If THC actually helped, then it would have been regulated by the FDA and dispensed in a pill or injectable or other legitimate form. Legalizing marijuana of any form is just an excuse for a bunch of already unproductive people to get high. While we're at it, let's just legalize everything in any quantity!
There are people out there that make 10 times the amount of money a year than you do that get high daily.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bishop View Post
Think of all the dui money the state and local authorities will miss out on if recreational use is legalized. Pot smokers behind the wheel would be hundreds of times harder to spot.Would taxes make up for this lost revenue.?I might be giving the younger generation too much credit but I believe they would figure out real quick that driving high on pot is much safer .
Some of you are really slow in the head. Why would legalizing marijuana make DUI's from weed any more legal than DUI's from LEGAL alcohol? Do some of you even think?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
You have to drink to live, you don't have to smoke to live. Some people drink water, some drink CocaCola, others drink alcohol. Pot has no positive effects, and substantial negative effects. Unlike other things we don't "need" like driving, or the internet, which also have negative effects, they have substantial positive effects.
Uh, the more pronounced effects are partly why I don't support the illegalization of alcohol. In other words, after a rough night of sleep, I don't want some cop dragging me off for a blood test because he thinks I'm high instead of just tired. Just wait for the DUI laws to "catch up" in these pot-smoking states.
You do realize that not everyone that is drunk is apparently so, right? Kinda like everyone has a different tolerance level. Some real potatoes in this thread. The funny part is, alcohol was illegal one point for all these same reasons until criminals made it clear that it didn't matter whether it was legal or not, they'd supply it regardless. Same exact situation. It's about time they started wising up and legalizing, pretty stupid for it to be illegal anyways honestly. I mean, let's be real here, anyone that wants to smoke weed already does so. Millions of people aren't going to start smoking just because it's legal. And the whole cop dragging you off because he thinks you're high thing is just retarded. You do know police have marijuana breathalyzers these days, right?

Do they drag you off for a blood test because they think you're high now? Because I mean, there are millions of weed smokers already and they know this so why would they start doing that all of a sudden? lol....*shakes head*... logic, not even once. You should really do a little research on these things before making silly statements. Also, how many marijuana DUI accidents are there now vs alcohol DUI accidents? How many marijuana related deaths from marijuana vs alcohol? And you have to drink to live? WTF.....you do realize drinking causes liver cancer right? How in the Sam hell is that a benefit? People drink and smoke for the same reason, to get a buzz... it certainly isn't "to live."

Old 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
There are people out there that make 10 times the amount of money a year than you do that get high daily.
Yeah, they're called drug dealers and cartel members.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Yeah, they're called drug dealers and cartel members.
You southern people should really leave your houses more often....you obviously aren't very in touch with the world outside of your front yard. Just to list a few that have openly admitted to smoking weed before:

Obama
Oprah
Bill Clinton
Stephen Colbert
Jon Stewart
John Kerry
Bill Maher
Bill Gates
Rush Limbaugh
George Clooney
Brad Pitt

"CNN anchor Gwen Scott claimed it is common knowledge that Ted Turner sits in his office and smokes marijuana"

David Letterman
Matt Damon
Phil Jackson
Richard Branson
Stephen King
Sarah Palin
Conan O'Brien
Seth Macfarlane
Martha Stewart
Michael Bloomberg

Should I even go on? These are just the people that we all know that openly admit to it. Now i'm sure you're going to tell me that you're more successful than everyone on that list because you don't smoke right?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,518 times
I think medical pot is okay in pill form or other medical form, just not smoked. I live in a condo building and I just do not want to deal with the stinky odor of pot.(it smells awful!)

Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
I think medical pot is okay in pill form or other medical form, just not smoked. I live in a condo building and I just do not want to deal with the stinky odor of pot.(it smells awful!)
Is it any worse than cigars/cigarettes?

Old 01-10-2014, 05:57 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,520,959 times
Quote:
Does it matter if it's worse or not?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,518 times
Quote:
Yes, and it's not healthy to smoke anything, so if it's for medical purposes it would make sense to only allow it in a pill/liquid form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta