Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:58 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Florida is ranked the highest because of all the senior citizens driving on the roads
Not only that, but there are LOTS of people who learned how to drive in other countries, some third world. Add those people in with the snow birds and seniors and you've got a recipe for disaster!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 06:33 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Where do you live south of Atlanta? Where I live (Forest Park) the police are always stopping bad drivers.
College Park.

The interstates do seem to be regularly patrolled. My experience inspiring those comments come from driving local roads. The worst is Old National, followed by Camp Creek, then the entire Camp Creek Marketplace. Running red lights is nothing down here. I almost wait full couple of seconds after green to go through an intersection. Its so dangerous and those people need to go to jail or be fined something serious.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 AM

133 posts, read 504,717 times
Stricter driver licenses in GA you say? Well get a load of this:

Somebody just told me yesterday that they had a permit from the state where they resided prior to moving here. They were learning to drive and are still uncomfortable behind the wheel
They went to change the permit over to a GA permit and complained about the waiting time and system and the incompetence of employees. Anyway, a few days later a bonifide GA driver license was in her mail box and she never even took the test! She only wanted a permit!

Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Where do you live south of Atlanta? Where I live (Forest Park) the police are always stopping bad drivers.
It does seem they are strict down there. I have a friend who got pulled over after just having purchased a car in Clayton County for something about the display of the "applied for license plate" and he was barely out of the car lot The charges were dismissed, but his car was searched and everything for a tag that needed to moved over basically two inches. In fairness, he has a really smart mouth and probably pissed the officer off.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:35 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LahdeeDahdee View Post
Stricter driver licenses in GA you say? Well get a load of this:

Somebody just told me yesterday that they had a permit from the state where they resided prior to moving here. They were learning to drive and are still uncomfortable behind the wheel
They went to change the permit over to a GA permit and complained about the waiting time and system and the incompetence of employees. Anyway, a few days later a bonifide GA driver license was in her mail box and she never even took the test! She only wanted a permit!
Do people with licenses from other countries have to take the exam or can they just trade their licenses in like if they had moved from another state?

Old 01-16-2014, 11:11 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Do people with licenses from other countries have to take the exam or can they just trade their licenses in like if they had moved from another state?
If this is true, that must change. Probably would account for why taxi drivers suck so much at driving.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM

133 posts, read 504,717 times
Quote:
I have no idea.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 PM

70 posts, read 161,857 times
Quote:
My parents came from other countries and they both had to retake the question portion, not the driving portion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta