U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 AM
 
Location: atlanta
3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
Reputation: 3211

Advertisements

I didn't think they would go for it, seeing as 15th street would take up a sizable chunk of the property, but AMLI arts center is planning for 15th street to be extended on the south side of their property. They've designed the building with retail, a gym, and a lobby fronting the future 15th street. Apparently GDOT actually owns the south half of the lot. So the street grid is slowly being glued together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 AM
 
9,907 posts, read 6,891,298 times
Reputation: 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
I didn't think they would go for it, seeing as 15th street would take up a sizable chunk of the property, but AMLI arts center is planning for 15th street to be extended on the south side of their property. They've designed the building with retail, a gym, and a lobby fronting the future 15th street. Apparently GDOT actually owns the south half of the lot. So the street grid is slowly being glued together.
Very nice. Always happy to see the street grid being fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
858 posts, read 1,085,120 times
Reputation: 715
Unfortunately from what I've heard they're contributing to keeping Spring a back alley by putting their garage there, but that's still good news and might encourage more infill between Spring and the connector. Are there renderings or plans somewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:09 AM
 
Location: atlanta
3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
Reputation: 3211
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
Unfortunately from what I've heard they're contributing to keeping Spring a back alley by putting their garage there, but that's still good news and might encourage more infill between Spring and the connector. Are there renderings or plans somewhere?
their garage will be there, but it will have retail on the ground floor and an artistic covering for the deck. it doesn't look so much like a deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Jonesboro
3,168 posts, read 3,032,014 times
Reputation: 3375
I hope that comes to pass as it would be a fabulous development & was one of the sidebar topics in a thread here about that specific area of Midtown about a month ago.
A more orderly traffic flow would result in that area as 15th Street, which should have been completed on down to at least Spring St. when it was originally platted as a street, would more effectively carry traffic between Spring & Peachtree. That would be somewhat of a reliever for 14th St.
Perhaps 15th could even be extended on west down to the Williams St. segment at the base of the hill that operates both as a northbound frontage road & as the connection to the I-75 on ramp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
858 posts, read 1,085,120 times
Reputation: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
their garage will be there, but it will have retail on the ground floor and an artistic covering for the deck. it doesn't look so much like a deck.
Really? That's very good then. This will be a great addition all the way around (literally).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Reputation: 4894
Glad to see the super block slowly being broken apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2017, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Reputation: 4894
Quote:
Pricing for the smallest units—650-square-foot studios—starts at more than $1,500 a month and quickly goes up from there.

One-bedroom, one-bathroom options require more than $3,200 a month for some upper-level units, while two-bedroom, two-bathroom penthouses will go for more than $5,000 monthly.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/8/1/...anta-apartment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2017, 11:03 AM
 
28,104 posts, read 24,632,008 times
Reputation: 9523
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
"One-bedroom, one-bathroom options require more than $3,200 a month for some upper-level units, while two-bedroom, two-bathroom penthouses will go for more than $5,000 monthly."
And yet you'll hear people claim that density doesn't drive values up.

I guess if Brookhaven would only grant some tax breaks to build another apartment complex these prices would come way down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2017, 11:45 AM
 
9,907 posts, read 6,891,298 times
Reputation: 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
And yet you'll hear people claim that density doesn't drive values up.

I guess if Brookhaven would only grant some tax breaks to build another apartment complex these prices would come way down.
And how much do you think a brand new high-end single family home would rent for on this site if we had artificially limited density here?

Remember Econ 101, high demand and low supply gets you high prices. People want urban living and we are not building enough is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top