Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 AM

32 posts, read 56,187 times

Advertisements

I was just reviewing the for sale by owner website (which not sure if name has changed to Discount Realty or it's just info for Discount Realty on there site?)... Anyways, is it true that most agents will not show their clients your home if it is For sale by owner? It's just our comps are kinda low and it would save us enough money to put down payment on our next home. That way, I can price what comps are suggesting (without having to pay agent costs on sellers side)...

Suggestions, and please tell me if you are an agent...just because I want opinions from those that have a non biased opinion also, or those that have used for sale by owner in this market/atlanta metro areas.

Also, someone mentioned Redfin to me, so we were trying to understand the difference between them and a real estate brokerage or realtor...but will they do same thing and as good of a job as a realtor?

What about Duffey Realty? We were told by two realtors we met with that they were not good to work with, that they basically just stick sign in yard and they don't call back - paperwork and closing etc will be nightmare, that they wouldn't recommend them.

We are still considering using a realtor but trying to figure out which way to go, and do our research first.... one reason why is because 5 years ago tried to sell our home & went with first agent we met with, hardly ever heard back from her or saw her, then our home didn't sale missing the peek buying season as we were with her I think for 5 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta