Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 AM

70 posts, read 161,816 times

Advertisements

I pass by there nearly every single day and hardly notice the coke sign, but I'm sure it will stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostar View Post
I pass by there nearly every single day and hardly notice the coke sign, but I'm sure it will stay.
Its amazing what you miss when secluded in a car.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
I love the art deco-inspired simplicity of the clean lines of the Olympia Building!
If the Walgreen's rumor pans out, that would be a big plus for downtown which has been sadly lacking on the drug store front since the major chains deserted it. Downtown residents have been aching for a new nearby drug store to serve their needs.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,723,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
I love the art deco-inspired simplicity of the clean lines of the Olympia Building!
If the Walgreen's rumor pans out, that would be a big plus for downtown which has been sadly lacking on the drug store front since the major chains deserted it. Downtown residents have been aching for a new nearby drug store to serve their needs.
There are 2 CVS's within a few blocks of that location. One near 5 Points, and one near Peachtree Center...

Old 01-22-2014, 10:47 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,044,657 times
Yes there certainly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
There are 2 CVS's within a few blocks of that location. One near 5 Points, and one near Peachtree Center...

Old 01-22-2014, 10:49 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Somebody said they were going to install a new drone-mounted laser cannon to take care of that.
Oh, sounds like a job for Park Atlanta.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:46 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Oops... my mistake about the lack of drugstores downtown.
There is one in Peachtree Center & one in the Georgia Pacific Tower & one near the south face of Five Points MARTA Station.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,818,726 times
Well, I guess anything that helps is a plus.

Still, I remember some years ago seeing only one Walgreens in Atlanta. I think it was on Lavista but I can't say for sure. I had heard they had some sort of legal limitation for development for a certain number of years. This was back in the day when Eckerds may have been the most popular drug store. Now they are popping up like crab grass. Anybody know what that limitation was about or if it was just a myth?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,660,446 times
Ghetto area. Glad to see an improvement.

It's going to really get lots of business. Lots of students can use it living at the Muses, the Commons, the Lofts, the Freshman dorm, Peidmont even.

My concern is that it'll become a place for hoodrats to loiter. That would be very bad.

Now we don't have to go to "Shady Shell" to buy condoms. At long last..

Hope it's open late or 24 hours!

Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,027,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
Ghetto area. Glad to see an improvement.

It's going to really get lots of business. Lots of students can use it living at the Muses, the Commons, the Lofts, the Freshman dorm, Peidmont even.

My concern is that it'll become a place for hoodrats to loiter. That would be very bad.

Now we don't have to go to "Shady Shell" to buy condoms. At long last..

Hope it's open late or 24 hours!
Isn't there already a CVS at Five Points? It will probably be similar to what you see there, although the Olympia Building is right in the GSU campus and not in that skanky Five Points Plaza area. Hopefully there will be sufficient lighting around it...loiterers don't usually like that.

I have always admired this building but I don't remember anything worthwhile ever located there other than during the Olympics. Glad to see it changing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: