U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 852 times

Advertisements

I just moved out to the Atlanta area from San Diego as well and I have been to so many "Mexican" food places but still have not come across any good ones. I have found all these restaurants are Tex Mex restaurants and not true authentic Mexican food or San Diego style Mex food. I'm badly craving a California burrito and some Carne Asada fries. I bet if there was an Albertos, Robertos, Filibertos, etc that opened out here they would make so much business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 11:51 PM

58 posts, read 59,684 times
Taqueria El Vecino-Oak Grove
El Taco Veloz- the real sh1t i go to the one on Roswell Rd, theres also one in Chambodia off Buford Hwy
Nuevo Laredo is awesome
Azteca on Roswell Rd
Tacos and Tequilas as a neighborhood joint

When it comes to Fast Casual Burritos- If you don't make Willy's your main go-to, you are not a real Atlantan

Old 12-15-2014, 06:25 AM

253 posts, read 227,776 times
El Taco Veloz little stand on Buford Hwy is my go to for Nachos. I assume no where in the city sells Carne Asada fries?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:12 AM

283 posts, read 280,820 times
Am I the only one that thinks Willy's isn't that great? It's average to me at best. Chipotle is better to me, and that's not saying much.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 AM

1,459 posts, read 2,617,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickNet View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Willy's isn't that great? It's average to me at best. Chipotle is better to me, and that's not saying much.
Willy's has gone down a notch for me on the rankings as well. It was my go-to.

It's still decent and I still go there from time to time.

I prefer Chipotle.

I want to open a legit taco stand that serves breakfast burritos as well.

I personally like many of the places here better than the Mexican in San Diego. I get the hankering for some Carne Asada that is legit. All of my family is in SD and I go there often.

Give me Taxco, Los Bravos, Nuevo Laredo, El Taco Veloz, all day. I'm not a fan of Tacos and Tequila.

The original Atlanta Tex/Mex, Rio Bravo, is opening back up. Will be interesting to see how that place holds up to how tremendously successful it was back in the day.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 12-15-2014 at 08:38 AM..

Old 12-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Then you aren't a true Atlantan

Old 12-15-2014, 08:24 AM

561 posts, read 486,607 times
Quote:
Willy's is not great. At least, it's not authentic. To someone from Southern California, it's comparable to Baja Fresh.

What about Alma Cocina in downtown? It seems more upscale (which may be a mortal sin for those looking for an authentic L.A. taco truck experience) but the reviews are great and it looks delicious.

Alma Welcome | Alma Cocina Mexican Restaurant | Atlanta GA

Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,196,465 times
I posted this in another thread:

Try the following restaurants (The list below is not in any order):

1. La Pastorcita (La Pastorcita - Atlanta, GA | Yelp)

2. Taquerîa Michoacán (Taquerîa Michoacan - Atlanta, GA | Yelp)

3. Don Pedro in Gwinnett County (Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant) - The Cali Burrito is the #16 and they also serve the Carne Asada Fries

Old 12-15-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Willy's has gone down a notch for me on the rankings as well. It was my go-to.

It's still decent and I still go there from time to time.

I prefer Chipotle.

I want to open a legit taco stand that serves breakfast burritos as well.

I personally like many of the places here better than the Mexican in San Diego. I get the hankering for some Carne Asada that is legit. All of my family is in SD and I go there often.

Give me Taxco, Los Bravos, Nuevo Laredo, El Taco Veloz, all day. I'm not a fan of Tacos and Tequila.

The original Atlanta Tex/Mex, Rio Bravo, is opening back up. Will be interesting to see how that place holds up to how tremendously successful it was back in the day.
MFW when my parents told me I was going to Rio Bravo back in the 90s...Love that place

Old 12-15-2014, 09:41 AM

561 posts, read 486,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
I posted this in another thread:

Try the following restaurants (The list below is not in any order):

1. La Pastorcita (La Pastorcita - Atlanta, GA | Yelp)

2. Taquerîa Michoacán (Taquerîa Michoacan - Atlanta, GA | Yelp)

3. Don Pedro in Gwinnett County (Don Pedro Mexican Restaurant) - The Cali Burrito is the #16 and they also serve the Carne Asada Fries
Those first two look amazing. Buford Hwy, not surprised. Any place that serves Menudo is probably close to the mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or