U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:57 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,198,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Those first two look amazing. Buford Hwy, not surprised. Any place that serves Menudo is probably close to the mark.
They are some of the best Mexican Restaurants around and you can find the Cali items at the three listed places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:00 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,621,530 times
Guess I'm going to Buford HWY today. Really not good for that diet I was going to start two months ago.

Live close by and never hit/heard of those spots.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Guess I'm going to Buford HWY today. Really not good for that diet I was going to start two months ago.

Live close by and never hit/heard of those spots.
Lucky you! You may want to brush up on some of your Spanish, FYI.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:08 PM

209 posts, read 212,626 times
El Rey Del Taco on Buford near the Doraville MARTA station is a great one. Love those quesadillas.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:17 AM

2,860 posts, read 2,819,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Lucky you! You may want to brush up on some of your Spanish, FYI.
This is very good advice. I went to a few Mexican restaurants on Buford Hwy with a friend who is from the Dominican Republic. The meals were great and the menus were in English and Spanish, but I'm not altogether sure i could have successfully placed an order/communicated with the waitresses on my own.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:41 PM

15 posts, read 10,530 times
I am from San Diego and asked the same Question.. I did get a few responses.. here is the link to that thread. Taco shops!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
When you find it, please let me know, cause I feel his pain!!!

OH, HOW I miss San Diego!!! NOT that I don't love my ATL, but I sure did LOVE living in San Diego...

I miss Lolita's, I miss Roberto's, but MOST OF ALL, I miss Cotixans!!!
I know, I know... That was fast food. BUT I don't care what anybody says, It was !@#%$ good!!! Maybe not so good to my stomach, but I loved that place.

I wish they would open Cotixans out here in Atlanta...
If You guys find anything like "The Barrell" AKA Vaqueros please let me know!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-B...25879360794090

Old 12-17-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Lady View Post
Go to Garcias Carnecerias#2 5627 N Henry Blvd, Stockbridge, GA 30281. In the back there is a restaurant. Ask for Asada Con Papas. Born and raised in SE SD and I have struggled to find real "taco shop" style food. I told the cook what I wanted and he made it. I even googled it on my phone and showed him images. We named it and I told him I'd post a note online so people will finally know where to get Carne Asada fries in ATL. I did go next door to buy my own shredded cheddar cheese because all he had was the shredded white cheese. I have a pic as proof...it's the real deal SD carne asada fries. Promise.
We need you to post that picture. lol

Old 12-17-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eee90 View Post
I just moved out to the Atlanta area from San Diego as well and I have been to so many "Mexican" food places but still have not come across any good ones. I have found all these restaurants are Tex Mex restaurants and not true authentic Mexican food or San Diego style Mex food. I'm badly craving a California burrito and some Carne Asada fries. I bet if there was an Albertos, Robertos, Filibertos, etc that opened out here they would make so much business!

YESS!!! for the California Burrito. I am glad I am not the only one who is in search for such a place that can make it like I am use to.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx91977 View Post
YESS!!! for the California Burrito. I am glad I am not the only one who is in search for such a place that can make it like I am use to.
Did you try any of the suggestions sent to you? If so, which one and did you enjoy it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or