Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 10:53 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,566 times

Advertisements

Guys, I need help...

I'm looking for a place to go to that will meet the criteria that I'm looking for. My standards are listed below (in order of most important).

1. LIVE MUSIC on FRIDAY NIGHTS

2. Live Band continues to play live music PAST MIDNIGHT.
Not just a live band until 11p then DJ for the rest of the night...

3. NOT a ghetto/rachet/hood crowd... I'd prefer a more grown up atmosphere
I'm just not into being surrounded by the 20s generation, but still I'd take a younger/college atmosphere over the hood atmosphere any day.
And I don't want to have that "electric scene(1 spark away from exploding)~something is about to happen," unsafe atmosphere feeling...

4. Preference of musics to dance to:
-Rhythm & Blues,
-Jazz Band,
-Top Hits/Cover Band,
-Blues,
-Reggae,
-Latin,
-Soca or Calypso,

5. Rather it be a Lounge type spot that I won't have to wait an hour at the door before walking in like a night club or a restaurant that is still seating people that late.

6. I'd prefer it to be IN town, ITP, but it's not all THAT important.

I want to be able to arrive around 11:30pm and walk right in to some live music & a dance floor... Get some drinks in me and not have to feel like I have to worry about what time the place is going to end up getting shut down for the night over somebody fighting or shooting. A place where the atmosphere is that everyone is there just to have a good time. Not just there to be seen or show off how tough they are...

Somebody please help me find what I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 12:22 PM

I see people have viewed the thread, but NOBODY has any suggestions???????????? REALLY??????????

Is this just not something I can find here?

Old 02-09-2014, 02:27 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
A couple places to look into:

Sound Table - Edgewood Ave
Music Room - Edgewood Ave
Park Bench - Buckhead (East Andrews area)
Sweet Georgia juke Joint - downtown
In the basement under Dark Horse Tavern (dont know name, but youll see it) - Virginia Highland
The Earl - East Atlanta
Northside Tavern - GT area
Smithe's Olde Bar - Midtown/Morningside area
Apache Cafe - midtown

2 places I can't think of the name but know where they are: across the street from Park Bench is another bar that plays good live music. Also, on Howell Mill near Ormsby's is a dive bar that looks shady as hell, but has great blues music. Just don't touch anything in there :-)

There are a few places to look at. All have live music usually, type varies so look into each and see what's on their calendar. You can probably guess the type of crowd by the area they are in. Most are hipster/yuppie, Buckhead is predictably more preppy crowd, etc.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
A couple places to look into:

Sound Table - Edgewood Ave
Music Room - Edgewood Ave
Park Bench - Buckhead (East Andrews area)
Sweet Georgia juke Joint - downtown
In the basement under Dark Horse Tavern (dont know name, but youll see it) - Virginia Highland
The Earl - East Atlanta
Northside Tavern - GT area
Smithe's Olde Bar - Midtown/Morningside area
Apache Cafe - midtown

2 places I can't think of the name but know where they are: across the street from Park Bench is another bar that plays good live music. Also, on Howell Mill near Ormsby's is a dive bar that looks shady as hell, but has great blues music. Just don't touch anything in there :-)

There are a few places to look at. All have live music usually, type varies so look into each and see what's on their calendar. You can probably guess the type of crowd by the area they are in. Most are hipster/yuppie, Buckhead is predictably more preppy crowd, etc.
1-Five Paces (across from Park Bench)

2-Mr C's (1983 Howell Mill Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30318)

3-Blind Willy's (Virginia Highland)

Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

Atlanta, GA 30318)

Yes! Thanks for adding those names in there for me - I knew I'd recognize them if somebody else named them.

To the OP - all good places!

Old 02-09-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Yes! Thanks for adding those names in there for me - I knew I'd recognize them if somebody else named them.

To the OP - all good places!
You're welcome.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM

You guys are freak'n awesome!!! I'm looking those places up now!

Thanks a LOT

Old 02-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
You guys are freak'n awesome!!! I'm looking those places up now!

Thanks a LOT
You're welcome !!

Old 02-10-2014, 01:32 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

Atlanta, GA 30318)

Mr. C's has dancing? Yikes! Can't imagine what that would be like, slip and sliding' on all of the spilled beer in that place!!!!

Old 02-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Mr. C's has dancing? Yikes! Can't imagine what that would be like, slip and sliding' on all of the spilled beer in that place!!!!
Was thinking late bar with music ! Compound is another place on Brady st,off of Howell mill rd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: