Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 PM

117 posts, read 618,645 times

Advertisements

Buckhead is a far better and more established, safer hood. And the not far from any of these so called cool convienient places downtown.

Cosmo IMHO is still the better buy at the same price points now and moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 PM

177 posts, read 922,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFan View Post
Buy twelve if you like real urban life and everntually holding value of your condo. In Atlanta, only downtown is walkable and you can see people walking around. Other places like Atlantic station or Midtown has really limited small area for walking. Once the area is built out, the value of the property will go up tremendiously. I don't think the second building will break ground anytime soon, just because Novare has too many things on their plate: Viewpoint and the one at Atlantic station. They don't want one place to compete with another. Atlanta condo market doesn't have such a large power to consume all condos at the same time. There are lot of places where you can eat and midtown is just an armlength away. Marta is in the same block and I75/85 exits. You can go on and on....
I'll say that Midtown is WAY more walkable than Downtown. Between North Ave and 17th street you have piedmont park, the Hight museum, restaurants, gyms, a grocery store, 3 marta stations within a few blocks of each other, clubs AND you feel safer because there are more people walking around later in the evening. I walk everywhere in Midtown-and there are a LOT of places to walk to. I think that Midtown is a better intown residential community at the moment. Downtown isn't there yet...
Have you looked at any of the Novare properties in Midtown? You may be able to get a similar deal on one of those condos.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,294,616 times
I want to know where all of these great places to eat downtown are- especially ones where you can have lunch without spending $20. We moved into our new office in the building next to Twelve a few months ago, and there's not a whole lot around. The only places relatively close that aren't ridiculous are the food court at SunTrust, Peachtree Center, and Max Lager's. Oh, and there's an eat-til-you-puke Chinese buffet on Baker. Anyone have any other choices??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta