Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,227 times

Advertisements

I work for Publix supermarket looking to live in McDonough or stockbridge or ptc or fayettville .. just my financ'e schools don't matter shopping is important......reasonably rentals lots of events and things to do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:03 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Okay, can we get some more info please.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 AM

70 posts, read 96,241 times
Default Basically

GA is cheap compared to Anywhere else USA. Seriously. Even in these (please give me a word as i don't even know what to call our economy anymore.) economic times. McDonugh is country but growing. Country meaning not much to do. However Stockbridge began growing back in the late 90's. Good shopping, restaurants. pretty good schools (if you know anything about GA schools trust me Stockbridge is one of the better.) In Atlanta you can rent a 3 bd room house for around 700...in the hood Atl! Where as in Mcdonough/Stockrbidge those same 700 will get a 3bd room house...minus the police sirens and occasional neighborhood fights. LOL. Funny but very true. However, please remember if you like to go out often or you have kids. Note:Most of the "action" is comes as you get closer to the city.(Atlanta) Mcdonough/Stockrbidge is 45 min south of Atlanta.
In real life (In our traffic here which u will find your self doing most days while driving here) its more like an hour! #IHaveBeenHereAllMyLife #ICan'tMakeThisUp Hope this helps. O taxes are lower here to. So food clothes etc. will be cheaper than in FL also.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
I've lived on the southside of the metro Atlanta area for 40+ years. Fayetteville is a cut above the rest, but McDonoughs not bad. Stockbridge is going downhill fast. Stay away from Clayton Co. at all costs!

Old 01-17-2016, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,070 times
Looking to move to ATL in the next few months with my two children and my husband we would like to live in the suburban area we have been looking at the Stockbridge area which I hear has good schools but we also want to be abke to go out and have family night on the town or date night would this be a great place for that any suggestions welk help.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:24 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica phillips View Post
Looking to move to ATL in the next few months with my two children and my husband we would like to live in the suburban area we have been looking at the Stockbridge area which I hear has good schools but we also want to be abke to go out and have family night on the town or date night would this be a great place for that any suggestions welk help.
Start a new thread with your budget and what area of town you work in. Otherwise, Stockbride High isn't that good but there's Dutchtown and Eagles Landing High schools are good. They're all in the Stockbride area.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:22 AM

74 posts, read 148,347 times
Mcdonough has many more options than stockbridge, as far as shopping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta