Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:01 PM

564 posts, read 885,965 times

Advertisements

I had an opportunity to drive through Southeast Atlanta today from Grant Park to Langford Parkway and man.. this area is beautiful! Filled with little homes nestled in a forest of trees. And has any seen South Bend Park? That place is gorgeous! Definitely can see this as an up and coming area. I think the only thing missing from the area is a rail line like the westside , that could connect these little communities together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM

10,739 posts, read 13,322,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
I had an opportunity to drive through Southeast Atlanta today from Grant Park to Langford Parkway and man.. this area is beautiful! Filled with little homes nestled in a forest of trees. And has any seen South Bend Park? That place is gorgeous! Definitely can see this as an up and coming area. I think the only thing missing from the area is a rail line like the westside , that could connect these little communities together.
Isn't it great stumbling across little hidden jewels like that? We all tend to be so focused on the city's better known areas that we often overlook just those types of areas.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,840,940 times
Agreed!!

-North Ormewood Park Resident

Old 04-16-2014, 06:00 PM

23,389 posts, read 43,903,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
I so agree. An unpolished gem. I'm waiting for Lakewood to be discovered.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Box

382 posts, read 659,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I so agree. An unpolished gem. I'm waiting for Lakewood to be discovered.
Discovered by who? Are there not people living there?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 PM

322 posts, read 464,158 times
Yeah, it was discovered long ago. That lone house on Macon Terrace was where my mother grew up and the repair center next to on Lakewood Ave was my grandfathers general store. It's seen better days.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM

4 posts, read 14,861 times
I don't know what you guys are smoking. The area is terrible. Lakewood Heights is known for drug dealing and prostitution. Polar Rock community known for meth. Did you make it down to Cleveland Ave? Need I say more. Grant Park is nice I'll concede that but as soon as you cross the tracks on Boulevard toward the Federal Pen its a s*** hole. Especially if you ride down McDonough toward Moreland Ave.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:11 PM

23,389 posts, read 43,903,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondaxx View Post
I don't know what you guys are smoking. The area is terrible. Lakewood Heights is known for drug dealing and prostitution. Polar Rock community known for meth. Did you make it down to Cleveland Ave? Need I say more. Grant Park is nice I'll concede that but as soon as you cross the tracks on Boulevard toward the Federal Pen its a s*** hole. Especially if you ride down McDonough toward Moreland Ave.
There are some lovely old homes down in that district. I'm not trying to assert that it's not without problems, but it has great potential. Thus, my reference to an 'unpolished gem'.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,009,073 times
Not sure exactly what area you guys are referring to....

But the Ninth Ward of New Orleans could be called an unpolished gem.

I remember one day I decided to take Bankhead Highway into town from 285. All I could think about was how much potential the area had, with stunning views of the skyline and great plots of land. But the problems run so deep that I doubt the area will ever be livable in my lifetime.

I can't speak to the areas you are referring to, but almost anything could be said to have potential if the right improvements were made. Even in Clayton county

Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 PM

564 posts, read 885,965 times
Yeah, I'm sure the area has its share of problems as does any area, but as one poster said, when I went through I was looking at potential and the natural beauty of the area. However, at the same time, knowing that ITP is going to explode with development during the next couple of decades, it is reasonable to say that this will be one of those areas that will be lifted up as a result. Just like people were saying O4W and areas of East Atl will never be livable, I think the same can be said for both the southwest and southeast side of Atlanta.

btw the views of the skyline riding down Metropolitan on the westside are fantastic.. So much so I'm considering going out there again and taking my camera to capture it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta