Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 04:28 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Moores Mill rd, W Wesley rd in Atlanta/Buckhead. Wow the look of that neighborhood is stunning with the beautiful nature, abundant trees, and flowerful yards, the trees almost create a dome over some parts all in the middle of the city. Just wow, this is what I love about Atlanta, I would love to live over there some day, but I know the homes are probably 1m plus.
I live right outside of this area and drive through it numerous times per week. It is indeed amazing. And yes, $1m is low for a house north of Moore's Mill. South of Moore's Mill might be a little less. In the area, I would suggest you drive up Ridgewood Rd. and Tuxedo Rd. Awe-inspiring neighborhoods.

The other poster above was correct about Moore's Mill dead-ending into a sketchy area. But the sad thing is, that area has been prime for new development for many years, and it keeps getting blocked by one thing or another. The nearly-abandoned shopping center which now houses just a lone Family Dollar has been slated for demolition and redevelopment for about 7 years. A lawyer with a bone to pick kept that from happening. And now, the incredibly sketchy, now completely-vacant apartments just south on Marietta Blvd. can't be demolished because the city won't let the bank do it until plans are made for redevelopment. Sure to house some squatters soon.

But yes…once you cross the tracks, it gets amazing over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 04:50 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,145,453 times
In addition to those beautiful areas in Buckhead and Ansley Park, how about the drive on Ponce over by Paideia and Fernbank. Very beautiful and green.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
In addition to those beautiful areas in Buckhead and Ansley Park, how about the drive on Ponce over by Paideia and Fernbank. Very beautiful and green.
I absolutely love that drive visually, but I avoid it when I can because the traffic on that road drives me nuts.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:57 PM

Yes definitely. They really need more than two lanes in each direction and I become mad everytime I see that bike lane....As if there isn't horrible congestion and too narrow lanes without that taking away addtl space. I'd better be quiet before the bike advocates get me. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I absolutely love that drive visually, but I avoid it when I can because the traffic on that road drives me nuts.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,872,975 times
Quote:
Yes definitely. They really need more than two lanes in each direction and I become mad everytime I see that bike lane....As if there isn't horrible congestion and too narrow lanes without that taking away addtl space. I'd better be quiet before the bike advocates get me. Lol
the fact that it's only a four lane road is keeping it beautiful... so shut your mouth!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:10 AM

I think it's the parks, trees and general scenery. The four lane road is tough but what is tougher is having four narrow lanes and having to drive down Ponce holding your breath and hoping the other person does not sideswipe you bc of the even further narrowed lanes due to the new bicycle lane. LOL. It's beautiful but a little scary. Although I guess the part with the bicycle lanes is not the part that looks like a park anyway so I guess it all evens out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
the fact that it's only a four lane road is keeping it beautiful... so shut your mouth!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:24 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,388 times
Quote:
The bike lane stops at PCM doesn't it? I drove Ponce out to Stone Mountain twice last week and don't recall a bike lane over toward Fernbank at all. The traffic clog is the left turn at Moreland toward L5 westbound. By the time you get to Whole Foods things aren't too bad although some drivers do bug out at the slightest turn.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:12 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,820,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Moores Mill rd, W Wesley rd in Atlanta/Buckhead. Wow the look of that neighborhood is stunning with the beautiful nature, abundant trees, and flowerful yards, the trees almost create a dome over some parts all in the middle of the city. Just wow, this is what I love about Atlanta, I would love to live over there some day, but I know the homes are probably 1m plus.
Out of curiosity, where are you from?

Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 AM

Yes, that's what I was saying in the post above your post. It stops right around PCM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
The bike lane stops at PCM doesn't it? I drove Ponce out to Stone Mountain twice last week and don't recall a bike lane over toward Fernbank at all. The traffic clog is the left turn at Moreland toward L5 westbound. By the time you get to Whole Foods things aren't too bad although some drivers do bug out at the slightest turn.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:29 AM

759 posts, read 1,356,815 times
It used to be said that the most beautiful stretch in Atlanta was Habersham Rd. between West Paces and Peachtree Battle. I still make a point of driving it whenever I get to town, as I have friends who live at the end of Woodward Way across from Bobby Jones. As kids, my brothers and I used to sneak onto Bobby Jones and North Fulton Golf courses and search the water hazards for errant golf balls which we would sell to golfers outside the pro shops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta