Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:22 AM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm just saying that even if Cobb built a rail line to the stadium most fans probably would still drive.
I think there is a good chance you're right.

What is interesting about the Ted is many riders from the areas drive in and park at MARTA stations to get to the game. The thing is the stadium is near the central focal point of where all the lines travel.

Even with a rail extension in the future, I don't think anyone from outside counties will drive in and park just to ride into town and transfer and ride back out. There would really need to be another line across the northside just to recapture some of those riders.

Add that on top of a simple plan to utilize existing parking in the area... seems very naive on their part.

The Braves play many games when many of the other companies are still operating or open for business.

I can see it being ok sometimes, but not others.

It will be interesting to see how things adjust in 2017. I'm starting to grow pessimistic. I'm really wanting to know what will happen to I-285 going towards GA 400 and I-85 anytime there is a game that overlaps with a rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
Ha!:d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysummer View Post
is there marta rail and bus service to the area for the new braves stadium? Any planned?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:24 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
While it would be great to have MARTA in Cobb, it's not going to happen and also it won't solve for everybody coming home from Perimeter on weekdays.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
It will be interesting to see how things adjust in 2017. I'm starting to grow pessimistic. I'm really wanting to know what will happen to I-285 going towards GA 400 and I-85 anytime there is a game that overlaps with a rush hour.
It couldn't be much worse than the current nightmare on the downtown Connector. I don't know how many times I have been locked down trying to get to or from a game.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:15 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Quote:
It couldn't be much worse than the current nightmare on the downtown Connector. I don't know how many times I have been locked down trying to get to or from a game.
I drive the downtown connector almost every day counterflow (as would about anyone going to a game at the Ted) and I rarely need to tap the breaks. Traffic is much better going to the Ted than it will be going to the Cobb stadium. They need a transit connection with its own ROW.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:23 PM

924 posts, read 1,455,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
I think there is a good chance you're right.

What is interesting about the Ted is many riders from the areas drive in and park at MARTA stations to get to the game. The thing is the stadium is near the central focal point of where all the lines travel.

Even with a rail extension in the future, I don't think anyone from outside counties will drive in and park just to ride into town and transfer and ride back out. There would really need to be another line across the northside just to recapture some of those riders.

Add that on top of a simple plan to utilize existing parking in the area... seems very naive on their part.

The Braves play many games when many of the other companies are still operating or open for business.

I can see it being ok sometimes, but not others.

There is a TON of parking at the Galleria that only gets used a few times a year for conventions.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,724,581 times
Quote:
But Arjay, I think you are missing the point that many have made that at least you CHOOSE to sit in traffic on the downtown connector. Most places in Atlanta can be accessed via MARTA bus or rail, including Turner Field. At the new stadium, you will have no choice, other than to sit in the traffic if you want to go to a game.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:27 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
But Arjay, I think you are missing the point that many have made that at least you CHOOSE to sit in traffic on the downtown connector. Most places in Atlanta can be accessed via MARTA bus or rail, including Turner Field. At the new stadium, you will have no choice, other than to sit in the traffic if you want to go to a game.
I understand what you are saying, but it is sort of a pain in the neck to set out for the game, get stuck in traffic and then have to pull off and go to a MARTA station and have to deal with all that.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM

7,356 posts, read 6,525,292 times
Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but it is sort of a pain in the neck to set out for the game, get stuck in traffic and then have to pull off and go to a MARTA station and have to deal with all that.
Deal with all what? If people had just taken MARTA to begin with there wouldn't be a lot of "dealing with all of that."

Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM

219 posts, read 270,518 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta