Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:41 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It is most certainly A reason to love a place. Maybe not THE reason. One of my favorite things about Atlanta is the work Living Walls has done. Of course, it helps that I live right in the midst of their predominant work area and I get to see at least one (and usually several) of their murals every time I leave the house. Actually, I can see one of them from my window, so I don't even have to leave the house.

I agree the beard thing has gone a bit too far, but who am I (or anyone else) to say how others should dress or groom themselves?
I'm not implying you or I should tell someone how to dress, unless, of course, they are our children!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 07:53 AM

668 posts, read 993,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I dunno folks. The living walls are okay, but certainly no reason to love a place. Well, at least that's my thinking. There is a boat load more to love about our area than urban art. And what's up with all the scrubby looking dudes??.
I think it is an idea that is fairly unique to Atlanta (at least on its scale) and I do enjoy looking at the murals rather than graffitti-covered walls. My kids are working on a school project for their cousin in Chicago where he sent them a small replica of himself and they take him around town and take pictures of all the places he's visited, a la the Flat Stanley stories. We included a number of pictures of him visiting Living Walls sites.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,128,503 times
Quote:
I thought this was an interesting and inspiring read. It's sort of an unofficial/unscientific case study of the effectiveness of Brand Atlanta (the folks responsible for "Every Day is an Opening Day," etc.) compared to the power of indivduals with passion and drive.

Falling in Love with Atlanta
Living Walls and Twitter #weloveatl won't do it for me.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 AM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nast View Post
I think it is an idea that is fairly unique to Atlanta (at least on its scale) and I do enjoy looking at the murals rather than graffitti-covered walls. My kids are working on a school project for their cousin in Chicago where he sent them a small replica of himself and they take him around town and take pictures of all the places he's visited, a la the Flat Stanley stories. We included a number of pictures of him visiting Living Walls sites.
My DH did this for one of his nieces year s ago. We took Stanley to the Carter Center, Underground, the King Memorial, Zoo Atlanta and I cant remember where else. We took a photo of the city from the top of the Garson Deck at the Lindbergh MARTA station. It turned out to be a good time.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:58 PM

226 posts, read 275,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
No "think" to it-he/she is. Well, maybe not a total hater but clearly someone who feels Atlanta is inferior to fill-in-the-blank. They are allowed their opinions but remember that's all they are. They do not constitute facts nor do they have any bearing on others. People who bash/insult/etc. only want to stir a rise in people, not debate.
Inferior to what exactly?Don't understand fill-in-the-blank.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 AM
JPD JPD started this thread

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Living Walls and Twitter #weloveatl won't do it for me.
Go back to watching your sports event on tv.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post
Inferior to what exactly?Don't understand fill-in-the-blank.
Just a "insert name of city here".

Old 04-28-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Go back to watching your sports event on tv.
Not really into that. Boy, some of you act as if I just called your "baby" ugly.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
JPD JPD started this thread

12,138 posts, read 18,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Not really into that. Boy, some of you act as if I just called your "baby" ugly.
You're really good at letting us know what you don't like. So, what DO you like?

I happen to think that people being mindful of what they like about their city, then photographing and sharing it with others is quite nice. It's a very positive thing to do. (Even if those god damned hipsters are involved. )

Old 04-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
You're really good at letting us know what you don't like. So, what DO you like?
I admit that Savannah looks great. Even has a riverfront.

Quote:
I happen to think that people being mindful of what they like about their city, then photographing and sharing it with others is quite nice. It's a very positive thing to do. (Even if those god damned hipsters are involved. )
That's true for a lot of cities in the country. Nothing special about Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: