Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times

Advertisements

I guess Roadtrip75 wasn't up for my challenge.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
What does the American dream even mean? If people prefer an apartment over a house and lawn, haven't they achieved their version of the American dream? Glad you got your version of it, but there are countless ways to interpret the "dream." Having a huge lawn and children running in it would be a nightmare for some.

Also, I'm curious about the wording in your original post referring to walkability as a problem.
The OP was joking dude. Chill out.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 AM

229 posts, read 473,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Sorry, but I have little patience for posters that pretend to be so above reading these oh-so-beneath-them threads but then do it anyway.
Oh-so-beneath me...oh that was certainly my intention. I was venting some of my frustration at the bantering back and forth about "I'M RIGHT...YOU'RE WRONG". Also, where do I "pretend" to be above reading it? I did read it. I don't understand the point you are attempting to make.

Anyway, if you don't like my posts, feel free to block me...it won't hurt my feelings at all. Especially since I am SO superior to you.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyEng View Post
Oh-so-beneath me...oh that was certainly my intention. I was venting some of my frustration at the bantering back and forth about "I'M RIGHT...YOU'RE WRONG". Also, where do I "pretend" to be above reading it? I did read it. I don't understand the point you are attempting to make.

Anyway, if you don't like my posts, feel free to block me...it won't hurt my feelings at all. Especially since I am SO superior to you.
Still reading, I see.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:29 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Default Free lawnophobia workshops to be offered

It occurred to me that I may have come on a little strong at the beginning of this thread. It's a sensitive subject that probably opens old wounds for a lot of folks.

Still it's something all of us will have to deal with at some point. In addition to our own inner fears, a brother, sister or close friend could suffer from an irrational hatred of lawns that will hold them back in life.

So I was talking to a couple of buddies of mine and we are willing to offer a workshop, free of charge, for those seeking to overcome lawnophobia. We will cover not only the basics of mowing, edging and bagging, but will get into more advanced subjects like dethatching, aeration and overseeding. We will make our own tools and lawns available to the class.

If there is enough interest we may run the workshop on a monthly basis through September.

Just let me know if you'd like to sign up.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:01 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It occurred to me that I may have come on a little strong at the beginning of this thread. It's a sensitive subject that probably opens old wounds for a lot of folks.

Still it's something all of us will have to deal with at some point. In addition to our own inner fears, a brother, sister or close friend could suffer from an irrational hatred of lawns that will hold them back in life.

So I was talking to a couple of buddies of mine and we are willing to offer a workshop, free of charge, for those seeking to overcome lawnophobia. We will cover not only the basics of mowing, edging and bagging, but will get into more advanced subjects like dethatching, aeration and overseeding. We will make our own tools and lawns available to the class.

If there is enough interest we may run the workshop on a monthly basis through September.

Just let me know if you'd like to sign up.
Given the current state of my fescu, I think I'll sign up!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:43 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,782,996 times
I'll put you down as first on the list, Ansley!

We're hoping to attract a goodly number of these millennials as well. At some point many of them are going to have to transition into a regular home and I'd hate to see them walk into it unprepared.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:56 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:

We're hoping to attract a goodly number of these millennials as well. At some point many of them are going to have to transition into a regular home and I'd hate to see them walk into it unprepared.
(bolding mine) Why? Plenty of people raise families in apartments and townhomes.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:

You may have to wait awhile until they figure that out!

Old 06-08-2014, 09:57 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Do you offer free guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta