U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 AM

529 posts, read 641,319 times

Advertisements

The Cheesecake Factory which has been located at 3024 Peachtree St. since the mid 1990's is closing that location and relocating to Lenox Square. It is interesting that their present location used to be quite the happening spot when the ESPN Sports Zone Restaurant/Bar was also located next door. ESPN closed that restaurant several years ago and now The Cheesecake Factory is soon to follow. All of the new restaurants fro Buckhead/Atlanta will bring some new life to that stretch of Peachtree. Now the question is what will go in the building which The Cheesecake Factory has occupied for almost 20 years.

For all of the posters who don't care for the suburban mall character of Buckhead and have opined for more of a pedestrian oriented Buckhead, this is probably not the best news as it seems the strength of the two malls is increasing. From what I have read of Buckhead Atlanta, it doesn't appear that they are stealing many of the existing retailers at Lenox and Phipps and it is not going to be quite the Rodeo Drive of the South that it was advertised to be back in the heady days of the early 2000's. While there are many new high end restaurants going in there, the original plans were more for high end fashion retailers like you see in Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive and that doesn't appear to be the case now.

The Cheesecake Factory at Lenox is good news for those of us who do not care for the hastle (and expense) of valet parking. (No one cares to wait in line for your car after eating). Anyway, here is the link stating the Lenox Square location will open on June 5th:

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/...eDefaultDesc=0"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 AM

252 posts, read 450,401 times
i may be there at the grand opening....

Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 AM

5,102 posts, read 5,977,342 times
While I prefer local options, I accept that chains are going to be a part of the mix anywhere, but the Cheesecake Factory, ugh. They managed to make millions off of mediocre food in large portions.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 AM

5,243 posts, read 4,635,152 times
Cool, now I don't have to valet to take her to get that strawberry lemonade and popcorn shrimp

Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 AM

1,004 posts, read 872,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
While I prefer local options, I accept that chains are going to be a part of the mix anywhere, but the Cheesecake Factory, ugh. They managed to make millions off of mediocre food in large portions.
Cumberland Mall has a Cheesecake Factory too. You'd think Lenox could offer something a little more interesting than the malls in the suburbs.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:20 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,517,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
The Cheesecake Factory which has been located at 3024 Peachtree St. since the mid 1990's is closing that location and relocating to Lenox Square. It is interesting that their present location used to be quite the happening spot when the ESPN Sports Zone Restaurant/Bar was also located next door. ESPN closed that restaurant several years ago and now The Cheesecake Factory is soon to follow. All of the new restaurants fro Buckhead/Atlanta will bring some new life to that stretch of Peachtree. Now the question is what will go in the building which The Cheesecake Factory has occupied for almost 20 years.

For all of the posters who don't care for the suburban mall character of Buckhead and have opined for more of a pedestrian oriented Buckhead, this is probably not the best news as it seems the strength of the two malls is increasing. From what I have read of Buckhead Atlanta, it doesn't appear that they are stealing many of the existing retailers at Lenox and Phipps and it is not going to be quite the Rodeo Drive of the South that it was advertised to be back in the heady days of the early 2000's. While there are many new high end restaurants going in there, the original plans were more for high end fashion retailers like you see in Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive and that doesn't appear to be the case now.

The Cheesecake Factory at Lenox is good news for those of us who do not care for the hastle (and expense) of valet parking. (No one cares to wait in line for your car after eating). Anyway, here is the link stating the Lenox Square location will open on June 5th:

First off, good luck finding a parking spot at the new location at the mall. You'll be quickly missing that valet when you're parked way back by Bloomingdales.

Secondly, as a close to neighbor to the current location, "Bye Felecia." I hope something much much better than that mediocre over-portioned slop comes along.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 AM

2,609 posts, read 3,155,547 times
Lenox is synonymous with congestion, traffic and no parking spaces. Valet parking is almost always a must unless you want to circle the parking lot for 10-20 mins. Going to Lenox is going to be ten times worse than the current loc which always had plenty of free and available parking. I live less than a mile from the current loc and Lenox and Lenox mall is congestion-no parking-valet heaven. I think you have it backwards, my friend. I alnost laughed out loud when you proposed being able to leave without waiting for valet. That is exactly what you'll have to do at Lenox. Oh and don't forget the wait to eat will be out of this world once it opens at Lenox. Maggiano's is already a 90 minute to 2 hour wait down the street. Have you seen the crowds at Lenox lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post

Old 05-15-2014, 10:14 AM

529 posts, read 641,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
First off, good luck finding a parking spot at the new location at the mall. You'll be quickly missing that valet when you're parked way back by Bloomingdales.

Secondly, as a close to neighbor to the current location, "Bye Felecia." I hope something much much better than that mediocre over-portioned slop comes along.
I never have that much trouble finding a parking space in the four story deck on the Lenox Rd. side near Macy's. The only problem is that you would have to leave C.F. before 9 PM Monday to Thursday or by 10 PM Thursday to Saturday (Macy's stays open later those nights) to get to your car in that deck. I think The Cheesecake Factory is going in the space previously occupied by Crate and Barrel before they moved in their free standing space across the loop road from Neiman Marcus. It isn't too bad of a walk through Macy's from the parking deck to the new C.F. location.

For those who had hoped that Lenox Square would expand out to Peachtree to create more of an urban streetscape, that is not going to happen now.

With all of the new restaurants announced for Buckhead Atlanta, it will be interesting to see what does go in the old C.F. location on Peachtree.

The typical Atlanta suburban chains (LongHorne, Chili's, etc.) now have another option. Although the locals will protest!

Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 AM

985 posts, read 1,466,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Cool, now I don't have to valet to take her to get that strawberry lemonade and popcorn shrimp
From the weave to the fake eyes,
To the fake nails, down to the toes!

Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 AM

7,909 posts, read 12,161,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Lenox is synonymous with congestion, traffic and no parking spaces. Valet parking is almost always a must unless you want to circle the parking lot for 10-20 mins.
I'm guessing you don't know about the "secret parking" behind Bloomingdales and near the Macy's loading dock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta