Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:52 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times

Advertisements

On a fairly recent ride, I was loading my breeze card with my wife at the East Point station and heard someone scream. It sounded like a young girl and fake. OK, keep my head on a swivel and go down to the platform. This takes all of 30 seconds to a minute. By the time I'm on the platform, two uniformed cops are investigating. Impressive.

MARTA has extremely robust police coverage. I can't think of another place, outside of a judicial building or precinct, that I see so many law enforcement officers. With that said, they can't be everywhere. Cameras are apparently being installed in the rail cars for increased coverage.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:28 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post
HOLY! Anyone have a link to the uncensored version? I wanna see this go down!
It's in the article.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:13 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Granted I don't ride MARTA often, but I have never had a problem or seen a conflict. I can pretty much assure you though that I would not have stepped into that fight - as if I could have done anything to resolve it in the first place. I doubt that would have taken out my phone to tape it, but I might have gotten up and moved if they got too close.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:49 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
If Tony were here, he would post an article where this happened in Chicago or DC and say look see it happens everywhere so its normal! I used to love those post. Raping a transvestite on the train? Oh yea thats so normal. I was on Marta yesterday for Jazz Fest...and was more annoyed with Goons cruising down 10th Street in packs than anything I saw on Marta.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Not acceptable behavior.

And WTF? No one called the police? That is as much of the problem as anything.
See Boondocks episode Thank You for not Snitching....it explains this aspect of Atlanta culture.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:38 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
See Boondocks episode Thank You for not Snitching....it explains this aspect of Atlanta culture.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:38 AM

After watching this video several times. The fat gay dude knew who to bully, as the skinny straight guy kicked at the fat guy dude first. Now about the alien altered human, it had breast n a penis, but it seems the alien altered human wasnt wear any form of underwear. No panties, no boxers, no breifs the alien altered human was only wearing a skirt n jumped into the fray, the guy with the dreads tried to sneek a punch in and failed lol. The dread should have went for the calculated knock out if he was going to get involved. The crowd seemed to LOVE the show, but what else is new in the ATL?

Leasons learned?
Try not to fight homosexuals on trains

wear underwear before entering a brawl

pick your battles wisely, the first homosexual was built like a high school linebacker, his attacker was built like a french fry

avoid train cars with a surplus of young black people

if you have a camera phone n suddenly see a naked human who has a wiener & breast please by all means, turn the camera OFF.

Notes taken.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 PM

226 posts, read 276,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
If Tony were here, he would post an article where this happened in Chicago or DC and say look see it happens everywhere so its normal! I used to love those post. Raping a transvestite on the train? Oh yea thats so normal. I was on Marta yesterday for Jazz Fest...and was more annoyed with Goons cruising down 10th Street in packs than anything I saw on Marta.
Who's Tony? Why would he think she's normal? or that this is normal?

Old 05-25-2014, 12:35 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
I would encourage EVERYBODY who rides MARTA to, before setting one foot on the bus or train, to download MARTA's "See and Say" app. You can use it to send discreet reports to MARTA police, complete with photo evidence, and chat with them in real time. I've actually used it before, and though I wasn't terribly impressed by their response time, at least I was able to establish communication with them.

Another thing, don't forget that you are allowed to carry concealed weapons on board, so long as you have your valid permit with you. I hate to say it, but had the woman been carrying at the time, I'll bet that those punks might have been stopped real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Unfortunately transgender people have to put up with this kind of harassment almost constantly -- as you see in the article the incident started out on the street and just escalated once they were on the train.
Indeed. Transgender acceptance is the next major barrier to be broken down, as can be evidenced by this horrible attack and some of the comments on this thread. Whatever a person chooses to identify as--a man, a woman, something else--that should be of no threat to you. If it is, the problem lies on you, not them.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:05 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
I would encourage EVERYBODY who rides MARTA to, before setting one foot on the bus or train, to download MARTA's "See and Say" app. You can use it to send discreet reports to MARTA police, complete with photo evidence, and chat with them in real time. I've actually used it before, and though I wasn't terribly impressed by their response time, at least I was able to establish communication with them.

Another thing, don't forget that you are allowed to carry concealed weapons on board, so long as you have your valid permit with you. I hate to say it, but had the woman been carrying at the time, I'll bet that those punks might have been stopped real quick.

Indeed. Transgender acceptance is the next major barrier to be broken down, as can be evidenced by this horrible attack and some of the comments on this thread. Whatever a person chooses to identify as--a man, a woman, something else--that should be of no threat to you. If it is, the problem lies on you, not them.
I know.That alien-human remark was just wrong.People have a right to be what and who they want in a free society."Judge not lest ye be judged yourself"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta