Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 PM

177 posts, read 923,587 times

Advertisements

The first football game I ever went to in my life was the Falcons/giants game a few weeks back and it was disappointing. Besides watching the Falcons getting the crap beat of 'em, the experience just didn't compare to other sports in Atlanta. The stadium wasn't that great, the icebreakers were lame, and there weren't any big screens to watch. The whole experience just wasn't memorable. They would have to do a lot to get me back to a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 07:00 AM

642 posts, read 2,218,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Falcons are just going through a rought spot. We lost our QB and now Coach sneaked off in the middle of the night. But it will get better. I think the best person for the job of Head Coach of the Falcons is myself. I will turn it around.
Seems that rough spot was goin on for most of the last 40 years.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopuffy View Post
The first football game I ever went to in my life was the Falcons/giants game a few weeks back and it was disappointing. Besides watching the Falcons getting the crap beat of 'em, the experience just didn't compare to other sports in Atlanta. The stadium wasn't that great, the icebreakers were lame, and there weren't any big screens to watch. The whole experience just wasn't memorable. They would have to do a lot to get me back to a game.
What's wrong with the Georgia Dome? They don't have a big Jumbotron or Scoreboard?

Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 AM

606 posts, read 2,004,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
What's wrong with the Georgia Dome? They don't have a big Jumbotron or Scoreboard?
Football isnt meant to be played in Domes, especially in the south when the weather is great during football season. Heck, even Green Bay plays outdoors and look at the weather they have.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Does Atlanta need a new franchise?
Or a new GM/President?
Or just a new coach?
And how much more do you think Arthur is willing to spend to get to the Super Bowl?
NO, NO, NO, and how about a 6-3 record at week 11?

I'm a hard core New England Patriots fan, but I have been very impressed by Coach Smith, Matt Ryan, and the entire Falcons team. They have taken what was a totally broken team last year and made it into a contender. Ryan is a rookie, so can you imagine what he'll look like in a couple of years? It's not all about money. Some of winning is spirit, hard work, and the desire to win.

The Falcons have a bright future with a good coach and what may be the next superstar QB.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is a year old....d'ooooh

Old 11-15-2008, 12:10 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Football isnt meant to be played in Domes, especially in the south when the weather is great during football season. Heck, even Green Bay plays outdoors and look at the weather they have.
You are comparing the looneys in Wisconsin to people in Atlanta? HA HA HA HA HA c'mon Matt, you gotta do better than that. Those people have nothing BUT football up there. The snow is apart of their home field advantage.

As far as domes I think that is matter of opinion. The Hot sun, & rain can really ruin the NFL experience, but thats just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: