Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,194 times

Advertisements

Hello, I will soon be relocating to work in Duluth near Pleasant Hill Rd and I85. Have no kids in school so just need to find a good place to live with wife and older mother-in-law. Have been looking at homes in Snellville, Lawrenceville and Suwanee. Looking for a home with quiet surroundings with 1/2 acre or more. The drive to work can be 60 or less as this will be retirement home. Must haves close to home Lowes, Walmart, some type of Mall and away from highways... Any help would be great! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,927,322 times
Somewhere in east Gwinnett County sounds great for you. Perhaps the Dacula area near 316. That'll give easy access to P Hill road. Takes you right there without having to even get on 85. You could also look into farther out in Barrow county near Winder. Not quite as familiar with that area but I know they have big box stores off 316. You could also look into Braselton/Hoschton between I 85 and Winder or you could look at the area between 85 and 985. Really depends on how rural/exurban/suburban you want to be. The Mall of GA is off 20 at 85 (exit 115) and all of those areas would have relatively easy access. As much as I love the area between Snellville and Lawrenceville I just don't see it working as an area to retire to and is busier than country living. My grandparents actually live in Suwanee and have been retired for quite some time so it is doable but it just depends on what you want. There are plenty of good options along the I 85 corridor though. It's in the middle of triangle formed by the metro Atlanta area, Gainesville and Athens so you wouldn't be truly in the middle of nowhere. I travel on I 85 quite a bit to Lake Hartwell so I've driven and seen a lot of the countryside. With the commute range you gave you could easily go out to near Jefferson or to Commerce.

I know I didn't really narrow your choices down but you really have a lot of options with the info you gave.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:59 AM

50 posts, read 106,048 times
I also 2nd Dacula. It is not as conjested and the landscape of the rolling hills is very nice. I think you will be able to get .5. Acres you are looking for at at a better price.

I also really like the small town of Braselton/Hoschton which has very easy I-85 access.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:30 AM

15 posts, read 21,384 times
I live in Lawrenceville and would highly recommend the Collins Hill area. My son goes to college in that area and we moved there 2 years ago and love it. It's a hop skip and jump to Duluth.

There is a Lowes on Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd and a Home Depot in the strip mall on LS and Duluth Highway. The Walmart on Collins Hill is the only nice one within MILES. You'd be close to Discover Mills Mall and not to far from the Mall of Georgia.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta