Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:54 PM

7 posts, read 35,233 times

Advertisements

Hello AKA,
I was just speaking to my friend that lives in Locust Grove (Henry co.) and she tells me Lawrenceville out in Gwinett is nice, but there is crime. She did say it depends on what area of Gwinett co you move to. My cousin's next door neighbor left Miami for Snellville about 2 months ago and he's an Indian from Trinidad, so there seems to be some truth what people are saying about Gwinett's diversity-that's a plus.

I don't know anything about Douglas County, I never had an interest to visit.

I'm moving from Miami, which we all know is a very diverse city to Hampton (Henry co.). Sure, the traffic is bad, but it seems to be all around Atlanta. In the beginning I told my friend I didn't want to live there because it was so far from Atlanta (about 34 miles from Downtown), but after I visited Decatur, Stone Mountain, and Lithonia (all in Dekalb), Marietta (Cobb), Camp Creek (Fulton) I found I would get more for my money in terms of house and land. Also, I wanted to live in a mixed area and the development I chose consists of middle class blacks and whites (I'm black). It's close to the Altanta Motor Speedway and it seems to be a booming area. One of my co-workers has a cousin and friend that moved to Hampton and McDonough and they love it. I have another friend that lives in Locust Grove. They are still builiding in south Henry co., but I don't see a lot of apartments. It seems as though a lot of people own homes or rent houses, which could be a plus. I also did a lot of research on the internet and had my realtor show me different areas. I know of another person that worked with me in Miami and she lives in Stockbridge. It seems Henry co. may be one of the places to be, but I guess you have to see it for yourself. One of my co-workers visited the Atlanta a few times and kept going back to Henry co.; I guess something about it grabbed her attention. The only problem is the traffic, I-75 is the major highway to downtown Atlanta, I-285, and I-85. I guess you would need to see where you will be working and whether or not you want to commute. I hate traffic now in Miami and think Atlanta's is worst, but it's the sacrifice I'm willing to take for a better quality of life. You have Henry co. police, City of Locust Grove, and City of Hampton police; it seems as though they try to keep things under control. I'm happy with the decision I made. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta