Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 AM

110 posts, read 245,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
The reviews on there reunion tour have been lackluster at best...although I'm sure they will step it up on there home turf.
Outside of the very first performance at Coachella, where have you seen "lackluster at best" reviews? I saw them at Coachella, later at Governor's Ball and have received reports from other performances and after knocking off the rust, I haven't heard a single report about their performance that was less than phenomenal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 09:28 AM

110 posts, read 245,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
....to try to attend the concert on 9/27?

I live in Chicago and could kick myself for not getting tix when they first went on sale. I want to go to the Sat concert, and I'm seeing General Admission tix for $130-$175ish on Craigslist. These tix were originally price at $68.

The Lower Level Lawn tix are going for $500ish (forgot how much they originally were---$250 I believe).

I'm not even gonna look at VIP ticket pricing.

I know it's gonna be at Centennial and there won't be seating for General Admission of Lower Level tix...but this is Outkast so I was thinking it would be worth it. Then again, I can't envision if I'll be able to see the stage or not with General Admission tickets.

Thoughts...?
If you get the GA tickets, prepare to get there hours in advance to have decent seating. You can actually cop LL tickets for about $350 and I think that would be the way to go. VIPs start around $500. I think it's very unlikely that Outkast will tour again and I'm optimistic about some nice surprises for the ATL show. I think that would make it worth, but why not try to see them in Chicago at Lollapalooza? At least you don't have to factor in travel costs.

Last edited by atlyoungin; 07-16-2014 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-16-2014, 10:30 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
That venue is horrible in my opinion for large concerts. Only reason I'm out on this. Really would like to see them. Hopefully this sparks some kinda feelings to tour.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:02 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,738,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlyoungin View Post
If you get the GA tickets, prepare to get there hours in advance to have decent seating. You can actually cop LL tickets for about $350 and I think that would be the way to go. VIPs start around $500. I think it's very unlikely that Outkast will tour again and I'm optimistic about some nice surprises for the ATL show. I think that would make it worth, but why not try to see them in Chicago at Lollapalooza? At least you don't have to factor in travel costs.
I heard Lollapalooza sold out and didn't think to try StubHub until someone mentioned it in this thread. So....maybe that would be the way to go. General Admission tix for Saturday for Lollapalooza are going for just under $200 on StubHub right now.

The only thing is...I figured the Atlanta Saturday show would be 'the' best show to see them at...period. So I was willing to travel to see them there but I'm weighing the cost at the moment.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,738,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
That venue is horrible in my opinion for large concerts. Only reason I'm out on this. Really would like to see them. Hopefully this sparks some kinda feelings to tour.
I am a little concerned about the venue myself. Anyone else been here for a large concert?

Would I even be able to see them if going via General Admission..? The odds are already largely against me, being 5 foot 1 and all lol...

Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I am a little concerned about the venue myself. Anyone else been here for a large concert?

Would I even be able to see them if going via General Admission..? The odds are already largely against me, being 5 foot 1 and all lol...
I was there for the free concerts last year during the final four. You'll stand the whole time, but the stage will have 2 large LED screens.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Hell yeah its worth it. That night will be historic, nothing less.
I don't care what anybody say, 'Kast were one of the first to make people be proud to be from the city.
The city needs to build them a statue, no joke.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:12 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlyoungin View Post
I thought the shows were assigned seating....

Old 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,707 times
There's no seating at all, even the VIP section (see y'all on Friday) is standing-room-only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta