Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:11 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,969,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
what exactly is different about Target's business model??
Absolutely nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 11:43 AM

7,574 posts, read 10,691,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Walmart is building an ITP location below I-20 in East Point as we speak.
good point... I also thought that comment was a tiny bit unfair given the Wal-Mart on Flat Shoals Rd is where I-20 curves furthest South and there is a Wal-Mart barely outside I-285 on Cascade Rd. Many in South Atlanta, not all, are in the retail services areas of those two stores.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:53 AM

7,574 posts, read 10,691,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaComment View Post
what exactly is different about Target's business model??
Wal-Mart has a higher number of manufacturers approach them with different ideas for items to sell. It leads to many different products following the beat of their own drum.

Target hires designers to make more of their products fit together and then tries to find a company who can make them cheaply.

Target takes a slight hit on costs and rises the price a couple of percentage points.

Personally, I like Target a bit better in terms of quality and design without spending more in a different type of store.

There is one other thing to spot out... I think Wal-Mart has too much market power in the general merchandise big box market. They have the power to squeeze manufacturers a bit much.

I'd rather Wal-Mart have the presence the size of Target and have a larger 3rd or 4th chain be common throughout town.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:50 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,390,781 times
Whelp, ATLTJL and ATLANTACOMMENT, you guys are right! After some research I've learned that Walmart and Target's business models are quite similar. The CEO of Target made $28 million last year, while many hourly associates were forced to apply for public assistance. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The state of American corporations and their greed saddens me. If I wanted to shop only with ethical companies across the board, I would have nowhere left to go. Can't someone regulate this HUGE discrepancy between higher level executives and bottom tier employees? SMH.... This is why as long as corporate America controls the government the citizens of this country have no real advocate. Makes me sad AND mad!

Old 07-20-2014, 11:15 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,784,766 times
At one time, Fayette Pavilion in Fayettevile was the only shopping center in the nation where there was both a Walmart and Target side-by-side. I wouldnt be surprised if that is still the case.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:08 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,531,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Whelp, ATLTJL and ATLANTACOMMENT, you guys are right! After some research I've learned that Walmart and Target's business models are quite similar. The CEO of Target made $28 million last year, while many hourly associates were forced to apply for public assistance. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

The state of American corporations and their greed saddens me. If I wanted to shop only with ethical companies across the board, I would have nowhere left to go. Can't someone regulate this HUGE discrepancy between higher level executives and bottom tier employees? SMH.... This is why as long as corporate America controls the government the citizens of this country have no real advocate. Makes me sad AND mad!
Well Republicans mantra states that's a good thing that CEO made that much money, even though he'll never spend it all and the company is facing uncertain times.

Anyway, there's a target in the camp creek marketplace. It literally sits at the edge of the perimeter on the south, southwest side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta