U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:38 PM

2,860 posts, read 2,817,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Golden House ‹ Chinese CuisineGolden House in Duluth is also very good and they serve dim sum.

At Bo Bo Gardens, we usually order the following:

Sauteed snow pea leaves in garlic

Eggplant with black bean sauce

Crispy garlic chicken

Sweet and sour pork (the real deal - not what you find at Chinese-American take out places)

Sea bass steamed Hong Kong style

Salt and pepper calamari

Stuffed tofu casserole
That sounds good. I forgot from earlier that I was interested in trying the place you recommended. I'd really like to try the sea bass, snow peas, and calamari. I have had such bad experiences with sweet and sour pork that I don't know if I have another try left in me, but I'm sure it tastes differently there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 PM

2,683 posts, read 5,209,071 times
For me the absolute best is Chong Qing Hot Pot BUT be warned its not a fancy place, very basic food court place in a place called China Town but the food is excellent and cheap. Menu in Chinese and English.

Chong Qing Hot Pot - Atlanta, GA | Yelp

Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM

28 posts, read 23,159 times
What's the best Korean-Chinese in ATL area?

Old 07-23-2014, 02:52 PM

1,061 posts, read 921,806 times
"Chinese food" is a broad term, but I've never found it here. Having been to China makes it hard to be satisfied with what's offered here. Same with Mexican food, despite what's considered authentic on Buford Highway. It's just not the same, sadly.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,048,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
I have a lot of friends and coworkers who really like this place. I think it tastes good as well and much, much better than most of the Chinese food I've tasted in Atlanta. However, I do have a preference for Thai and Japenese when it comes to Asian cuisines.

Even though I've tried only the sushi, seaweed salad, etc., I love their food. I would expect the Chinese food there to be just as tasty.

I'd recommend Dragon Express on Peachtree: Dragon Express - Atlanta - GA - 30319 | Asian, Chinese Online Food Delivery Catering in Atlanta | BeyondMenu.com. I have had some really good meals there - fresh tasting ingredients, not too much sauce and other drama going on. I like it.
OMG, I looooooooove Thai food!!

Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,048,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarkand A East View Post
"Chinese food" is a broad term, but I've never found it here. Having been to China makes it hard to be satisfied with what's offered here. Same with Mexican food, despite what's considered authentic on Buford Highway. It's just not the same, sadly.
Soooooooo, for good, authentic Chinese food, China itself is our only option??

Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM

2,753 posts, read 9,596,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
No, but when I dine with a Chinese friend I let them order and it's usually not on the menu.
Restaurants in China are nothing like the Chinese ones here in the US. Most restaurants can make almost anything.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 PM

96 posts, read 156,522 times
Golden Buddha in Decatur is a great ITP Chinese option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct55 View Post
What's the best Korean-Chinese in ATL area?
As far as Korean-Chinese, Fung Mei in Duluth off of Pleasant Hill is pretty good.
I haven't been able to find anything too great in Metro ATL for Korean Chinese.
However, Golden Buddha in Decatur has some Korean-Chinese offerings and their hot empress wings (깐풍기) is to die for.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:06 PM

2,860 posts, read 2,817,370 times
Quote:
OMG, I looooooooove Thai food!!
Thai is my absolute fave in that cuisine. When someone asks about Chinese, I'm almost afraid to give a recommendation because I don't like a lot of places that are popular. Something I have kind of found that works pretty well is asking the waiter/waitress what they like. Even though sometimes it's not on the menu stickler-wise, they'll work it out and accommodate you.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:04 AM

1,061 posts, read 921,806 times
Quote:
There's always San Francisco or Yokohama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or