Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:22 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times

Advertisements

Helen is nice but it is touristy and can have some bad traffic in the middle of town. Personally, I just love driving around in the mountains. Dahlonega has a nice town square with shops and restaurants. They also have a bit of history with Georgia's gold rush. They have a visitors center for that but I've never been. Brasstown Bald is the highest point in GA. I went once a few summers ago but it was mostly cloudy down here which put the peak in the middle of the clouds. Couldn't see more than 100 feet or so. It was a shame because they have an observation deck. It's also fairly central in N GA not too far from Helen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
By the start of next week we're supposed to get lows below 60 and highs that might not even top 80. Fall is knocking on the door here. By next month it will certainly be cooler. Fall is also the driest time of year here and is just gorgeous. I have gone tubing in Helen but it was summer so the cold water felt great. Wouldn't care to do it in October! I love the mountains and from Alpharetta it's just a drive north on 400. I think you'll like north GA just fine!
I hadn't heard that, but good news indeed! My dogs haven't been walked in weeks. It's just been too hot for the old girls.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM

65 posts, read 258,817 times
Hi again,

Yes, I have seen the Helen GA website and the things that go on there. Chattahoochee River looks like it would be alot of fun in the summer with the tubing. I've seen the Stone Mountain website...that place looks like alot of fun to go to...lots of things going on. The American Indian festival looks interesting but it would be an 8 hour drive from here.....2 hours I could do...8 hours....kinda yuck.

It has been getting nicer here in regard to the humidity being lower. I've been able to get out and walk now so happy about that.

I would probably stay here if it had as many jobs/companies as Alpharetta. Financially, it's just not viable here in Viera, FL unless you want to work retail or drive to Melbourne or Orlando for work.

I also think I'm more of a four seasons girl...can't wait to go up there and look around. Plus I love those Victorian 2 story homes....with the fireplaces...and big back yards...so pretty. I've also seen where Publix has cooking classes so looking forward to taking some of those as I can cook a few signature dishes (mainly mexican)...I'd love to learn how to cook more dishes. :-)

Thanks for all your input everyone. I sure does help alot. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta