Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 07:05 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
holy crap, savages! some of them don't even seem like they are speaking the English language as I know it. But then again, if it's limited to a specific part of ATL then it's fine. LA has it's neighborhoods as well (Skid Row, South Central, Watts, Inglewood, Compton, Inglewood etc.).. in OC parts of Santa Ana (hispanic gangs), Garden Grove aka Garbage Grove. LA has a lot of gang violence as well.

The thing about LA is that this sort of trash does not infiltrate the good neighborhoods, for example if this trash entered Irvine, the Irvine PD would be hunting these dogs down, rounding them up and shipping them out faster than you can notice anything ever happened! Irvine is the safest city in the entire United States and it seems the affluent residents of Irvine fund the Irvine PD liberally to keep it that way.
Bro the flea markets and swap meets in the hoods of LA are just as ratchet. I saw a huuuge fight in the swap meet on Long Beach Blvd in Compton, dudes were throwing chairs at anything moving and then when it spilled outside they started shooting. I saw some dudes literally on motor bikes riding thru the middle of Iverson Mall outside DC with cops chasing them-IN THE MALL. I've spent time in hoods from coast to coast and its all the same, same crap just different toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 AM

134 posts, read 185,736 times
Trash is trash. Last summer in Philadelphia and Brooklyn dozens of trashy kids swarmed department stores in Brooklyn and center city Philadelphia and shoved customers and knocked down displays, etc.

This is far from being just an Atlanta thing, and in fact I think it's worse in other cities.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:18 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
SOUTH Downtown Atlanta.
lol

Old 09-14-2014, 12:32 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Watch "Fighting Brawl Redline Train (Los Angeles DTLA)" on YouTube
Fighting Brawl Redline Train (Los Angeles DTLA): Fighting Brawl Redline Train (Los Angeles DTLA) - YouTube

Why is LA the gang capital of the world?

Why are Mexicans killing all the black people in LA?

Why was that black actress that was kissing her white husband almost arrested yesterday because the police thought she was a hooker?

Why was that black male actor almost arrested for walking down the street last month?

Why did LA have race riots?

Old 09-14-2014, 12:35 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Every citizen that cares about the city should be concerned that hooliganism like this takes place. The better question: why isn't everyone mad?
5.5 million people, not everyone can be good.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times
I feel like I'm being trolled with this thread.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:46 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
yes, LA has crime and parts of it are extremely dangerous, probably much more dangerous than anywhere in Atlanta... the difference is that crime in LA is in specific neighborhoods and everyone with knowledge of the city knows not to go there! There are plenty of neighborhoods where I could walk on the street at 12am with a wad of $100 bills taped to my head and not worry at all... Irvine is an example. Does ATL have such areas? I think not from what I am reading...

Living in a place like Dunwoody in constant fear of your life is not a way to live...

Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2C7fChb1c

Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Quote:
yes, LA has crime and parts of it are extremely dangerous, probably much more dangerous than anywhere in Atlanta... the difference is that crime in LA is in specific neighborhoods and everyone with knowledge of the city knows not to go there! There are plenty of neighborhoods where I could walk on the street at 12am with a wad of $100 bills taped to my head and not worry at all... Irvine is an example. Does ATL have such areas? I think not from what I am reading...

Living in a place like Dunwoody in constant fear of your life is not a way to live...
I wouldn't even say that LA is extremely dangerous, its just a normal big city with good and bad areas. Outside of Chicago, New Orleans, and Baltimore most major cities are about the same when it comes to crime. But crime in LA is not as confined as you're trying to make. You can get robbed in Hollywood, and dont act like no one has every gotten killed in a place like Beverly Center by some goons that weren't from that area.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XnkMUzJJ5oo

Could the above be in downtown? Is this expected? This looks horrific! It's lawlessness!

The only places I could think of in LA that remotely look like this are parts of South Central... but thats a very small section of LA.
My first thought is how does this security guard survive? He must be one bad dude because I can only assume, based upon the thug code of conduct, that people would come back looking for him. I am really surprised, actually, that this guy has not been shot....however, that is just based upon the behavior of the thugs where I have lived. He would be a marked man. I cannot see Atl thugs being any different....especially since a lot of our thugs moved down there.....and good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta