Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:28 PM

29 posts, read 88,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
Is your house a master on main? I know that there is nothing that you can do about it, but that could be a factor. Also, you mentioned that some people have commented on the lot... once again, that will play into people's decisions. Based on what you have said, it sounds like it is great condition - you just have to wait for the right buyer. Good luck!

Yes it is a master on main, isn't that a good thing????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 07:18 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
None of my business, but VE is a lot more than a stone's throw from Cumberland proper...hard to imagine a direct connection to the potential development in the mall area or Galleria. I wonder if there is some downside to being within the city of Smyrna...none that I can think of but I only know a couple of folks who live there. Some folks have a certain mindset of expectations when Vinings is actually Smyrna, Dunwoody is actually Sandy Springs, Buckhead is actually...just a thought.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I dunno. I do see bigger houses for less money there.

The market is going through a correction, which can cause delays. lately the news has been covering how Atlanta is running out of water. And also they throw in the tidbits that traffic/crime/smog are bad there.

Good luck on selling your house, though. I DO mean that. It's not very fun, especially when the market is tanking, and every freaking house is gonna be cheaper next month.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I dunno. I do see bigger houses for less money there.

The market is going through a correction, which can cause delays. lately the news has been covering how Atlanta is running out of water. And also they throw in the tidbits that traffic/crime/smog are bad there.

Good luck on selling your house, though. I DO mean that. It's not very fun, especially when the market is tanking, and every freaking house is gonna be cheaper next month.

Can you show me more house in VE for less money. I want to make sure i am not missing anything. I have not seen anything as large as mine with a full finished basement near my price

Old 12-30-2007, 09:38 PM

259 posts, read 1,323,743 times
Robert,

I am a possibility for relo in the other direction and so I am just beginning to familiarize myself with the various communities and subdivisions of Atlanta (and west Cobb, for now, in particular). Thus, I am certainly no Atlanta housing market expert (although I am trying to learn) and no professional real estate agent.

Therefore, thank you for bringing Vining Estates to my attention. My Atlanta based contacts told me to MLS search the zip codes of 30339, 30080 and 30082.

A couple of quick observations...........You are certainly correct from my observation.........there is definitely as much house for less price than these other zip codes on average.........so, is there something about zip code 30126 I ought to be made aware of?

When I map Vining Estates on mapquest, I see one must traverse a circuitous route to get to a main thoroughfare.

Both of these observations bring us to the subject of location. I wonder if there is something about the location that offsets what looks to be an attractive per square foot pricing.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualobserver View Post
Robert,

I am a possibility for relo in the other direction and so I am just beginning to familiarize myself with the various communities and subdivisions of Atlanta (and west Cobb, for now, in particular). Thus, I am certainly no Atlanta housing market expert (although I am trying to learn) and no professional real estate agent.

Therefore, thank you for bringing Vining Estates to my attention. My Atlanta based contacts told me to MLS search the zip codes of 30339, 30080 and 30082.

A couple of quick observations...........You are certainly correct from my observation.........there is definitely as much house for less price than these other zip codes on average.........so, is there something about zip code 30126 I ought to be made aware of?

When I map Vining Estates on mapquest, I see one must traverse a circuitous route to get to a main thoroughfare.

Both of these observations bring us to the subject of location. I wonder if there is something about the location that offsets what looks to be an attractive per square foot pricing.

Vinings Estates is a Large John Weiland community in Smyna, GA The appeal of it is the landscape and amenities int he neighborhood and the location. It is once you move there simple to get just about naywhere fast. You have easy access to I-20, I-285, I-75 and can easily take multiple back road routes to get into the city without touching a highway.

They are mostly large brick homes with a decent amount of variety and a really nice preservation of the old forest that was there. When we moved to Atlanta we looked all over and settled on just the neighborhood as we found nothing else like it that close to the city for the $$

Houses range from the mid 400's to 1 million and many have basements, etc. Weiland is a good builder and it is just a great place to live. If i did not have to leave Atlanta I owuld never move

Old 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM

I just typed a ton and then it got deleted. BVasically what i put was that those zips are the same general area as Vinings Estates and it is an great place to live. The city of smyrna annexed the neighborhood but there is a nonsense political battle about the zip code.

Hey if you are interested I have a truly mint home, you can see the video here

http://kimschamis.com/652VEDR.html

Tons of storage, hardwoods, tankless hot water system, trey ceilings everywhere, etc. I hate to even more but career opporitunities call. If i were to stay in Atlanta I would not consider anyplace else.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
None of my business, but VE is a lot more than a stone's throw from Cumberland proper...hard to imagine a direct connection to the potential development in the mall area or Galleria.
Between 6 and 7 miles, I would guess.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:25 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualobserver View Post
Not really. Vinings Estates is on Cooper Lake Road, which connects directly to the E/W Connector and to Veteran's memorial Highway, and both of those are a direct route to 285 (and are major east/west secondary roads in their own right).

Quote:
Perhaps it's too conveniently located for most people to believe.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM

7 posts, read 30,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertpel9 View Post
I have a brick ~4300 sq ft mint condition house in VE for sale under 480k with a full finished basement and TONS of storage and I cannot seem to sell it. It's been 3 months and I have had nothing but positive feedback from the window shoppers that have looked at it but no sale.

I thought this was a coveted community. A relocation beckons and i need to move my house. Any idea about what is going on with the Vinings Estates market, seems rediculously slow.

I just noticed that your Realtor had a listing for a 4BR 3 1/2BA (Same as yours) listed in the same neighborhood for $425,000 and it sold. (54K is a big difference) http://kimschamis.com/flyers/5109_Vi...states_Way.pdf
So perhaps your price is a bit too high. Keep in mind that you are competing against New Homes and quite frankly for nearly $500K a buyer can get something new.

Also, does your kitchen have granite counter tops? This is typically standard in a lot of homes in that price range. I would recommend updating the kitchen a bit to give it a better punch (i.e. re-paint it to a more neutral color that makes it look bigger and install new countertops) if you don't want to lower your price. Make it a bit more luxurious. Just remember that you have to compete with New Construction.

Thats my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta