U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:31 AM

226 posts, read 218,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Absolutely. It's despicable that the GOP would rather restrict people's right to vote instead of trying to make inroads to certain groups and win the war of ideas.
Yeah Republicans always saying that they are MORAL and they uphold the Constitution when in reality they end up doing all the cheating and the bad things they "claim" Democrats are doing. This country starting to wake up and realize the power is in the people and there are MORE of us than there are THEM! HA!

Old 10-31-2014, 08:56 PM

924 posts, read 1,172,855 times
Why is this supposedly non-partisan group only helping minorities register to vote? Shouldn't they want everyone to be registered to vote?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,198,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
Why is this supposedly non-partisan group only helping minorities register to vote? Shouldn't they want everyone to be registered to vote?
And why is the GOP purging millions of legal voters? Shouldn't they be following the law of the land (The U.S Constitution)?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:21 PM

29,946 posts, read 27,396,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westau View Post
It's a non-profit organization that does the bulk of its overall work in urban minority communities.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:07 PM

4,151 posts, read 3,162,025 times
Quote:
It's a non-profit organization that does the bulk of its overall work in urban minority communities.
Let's cut the BS -- since we taxpayers fund these groups -- why should you take my money out of my kids' education, to pay for helping an adult vote for politicians who are burdening my kids' future even more?

Shouldn't this adult behave like an adult, as I do, and go learn how to vote, and vote on his / her own, without taking money from my kids?

Isn't this ridiculous? Is there a way I can opt out of funding these front groups for the Democratic Party?

Insult to injury in so many levels.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:40 PM

29,946 posts, read 27,396,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Let's cut the BS -- since we taxpayers fund these groups -- why should you take my money out of my kids' education, to pay for helping an adult vote for politicians who are burdening my kids' future even more?

Shouldn't this adult behave like an adult, as I do, and go learn how to vote, and vote on his / her own, without taking money from my kids?

Isn't this ridiculous? Is there a way I can opt out of funding these front groups for the Democratic Party?

Insult to injury in so many levels.
Nobody's taking money from your kids' education. How about you be the first to cut the BS...smh.

If anything, childless taxpayers such as myself subsidize your kids' education.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:47 AM

2,860 posts, read 2,817,370 times
Quote:
Nobody's taking money from your kids' education. How about you be the first to cut the BS...smh.

^^^This!

Please, if I were going to act all selfish about how my taxes were spent, there's a butt load of things I pay for (starting with chidlrens' education) that don't personally benefit me in the least, but you don't hear me griping about it. I look at the bigger picture; we are living in a society after all and I have to pitch in.

Last edited by ElleKaye; 11-01-2014 at 06:28 AM..

Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:
If I paid $ 10,000 a year in federal income taxes (I do pay a lot more, btw), if $ 600 is allocated towards these front groups, why can't I re-allocate this $ 600 towards my daughter's math tutoring?

Quote:
As a childless taxpayer, you've got no kids to take care of you when you retire. Take a wild guess who will pay for your medicare and Social Security.

Look at this at a broader population, not simply you.

And if I follow your logic, if I pay $ 10,000 in taxes, and you pay $ 2000, do I get to use the road 5 times more than you? Should police and FD respond to me 5 times faster than you?

Old 11-01-2014, 07:24 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,198,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
If I paid $ 10,000 a year in federal income taxes (I do pay a lot more, btw), if $ 600 is allocated towards these front groups, why can't I re-allocate this $ 600 towards my daughter's math tutoring?

As a childless taxpayer, you've got no kids to take care of you when you retire. Take a wild guess who will pay for your medicare and Social Security.

Look at this at a broader population, not simply you.

And if I follow your logic, if I pay $ 10,000 in taxes, and you pay $ 2000, do I get to use the road 5 times more than you? Should police and FD respond to me 5 times faster than you?
You are looking at it all wrong. You are paying more in raw numbers (I have no sympathy for you) but what percent of your income is going to taxes (Rhetorical question)? Someone could pay just $2,000 in taxes but they may be paying a higher percent of their income to taxes which disproves your point (Five Tax Deductions that Favor the Rich | Fox Business)!

Also, you should not get any additional benefits because you pay more in raw numbers. Everything should stay even (1 vote per person no matter how much you are contributing and you should receive equal amounts of public service as well- no more no less).

Old 11-01-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
(I have no sympathy for you)
If so, then why should I have sympathy for you? Yet, you seem to have sympathy for others. Why do you discriminate?

Or is your sympathy only towards my fruits of labor?

Sorry, but those are terrible morals to have.

Quote:
You are looking at it all wrong. You are paying more in raw numbers (I have no sympathy for you) but what percent of your income is going to taxes (Rhetorical question)
Why rhetorical? Look at the numbers. I am a working stiff. A very hard-working stiff. Not sure what tax-code you are referring to, but under the current IRS rules, the more I earn, the higher the PERCENTAGE I (or you) get taxed at. And that's taking into account deductions, exemptions, credits, everything.

Right, wrong or indifferent - these are the facts.

Quote:
Also, you should not get any additional benefits because you pay more in raw numbers. Everything should stay even (1 vote per person no matter how much you are contributing and you should receive equal amounts of public service as well- no more no less).
That's what I was saying. You, two posts ago, were making the opposite argument.

You stated, that as childless, you shouldn't have to pay for my kids' education. I countered that you will benefit from my kids in your retirement.

On a second thought, I would love to make a deal with you -- you don't pay anything for my kids' education in return for my kids not contributing a dime to your retirement, including your medicare.

I would love if we could vote on it. I know that it would probably drive most politicians and other parasites out of business. Like these left-wing front groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or