Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 09:01 AM

56 posts, read 112,050 times

Advertisements

Hello - Can anyone recommend new construction or newer townhouse communities within the Smyrna/Vinings area? We are looking for a 3+ bedroom, priced around $250.

Any suggestions would be great!

Last edited by cbone4; 10-22-2014 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
There are plenty of townhomes in Smyrna. I don't see why you would want to limit yourself to new construction. Construction was significantly reduced due to the recession and what is built tends to be higher than your price point. However, again there are a lot of town homes in Smyrna that you could check out. Just browse the listings of any of the real estate sites and you'll see...

Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,772,627 times
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Metro Atlanta Area Real Estate

Coldwell Banker is a good site to start

Search for zip code 30080 and 30082

Old 10-23-2014, 12:13 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,094 times
Hands down, almost all new multi-family housing in Smyrna and Vinings are townhomes. It's probably the most popular housing type in the area. There's some new townhomes about to be built off S. Cobb Dr near King Springs Rd in the King Springs school district known as Laurel Gate for the high $200ks/low $300ks. There's also new townhomes being built off S. Cobb Dr South of East-West Connector and North of Oakdale Rd known as White Oak in the low $200ks. There's also townhomes being built off Hawthorne Ave, and other townhomes being built off Church Rd just West of South Cobb Dr. I believe some new townhomes are also being built off various parks of Oakdale Rd. There's also plenty of existing newer townhomes along the Silver Comet Trail in your price range along the East-West Connector, with direct access to the trail. There are townhomes being constructed at the intersection of Concord Rd and N. Cooper Lake, but they may be sold out. Spring Hill Pkwy just outside of incorporated Smyrna along I-75 has a couple townhome developments going up as well.

Then, if you don't mind having a few feet between you and your neighbor, there are some great row houses by David Weekly going up in Belmont Hills at this moment, on Atlanta Rd just North of Market Village.

For "new construction", I'd suggest anything in the last 20 years. It's all pretty much the same. The ones built from 2004-ish on have a few more finishings when originally built but you can do all those things yourself and some on the market already have added them (like granite countertops)

Old 10-23-2014, 12:21 AM

See also a list in this thread View at Park Avenue - townhouses in Smyrna

Old 10-23-2014, 10:51 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
I don't think it's built because it's popular. It's mostly developers maximizing the land and profit etc.
That said, Smyrna's location is attractive, so people will seek out and buy this type of property depending on their needs/stage in life etc

Old 10-23-2014, 11:41 AM

56 posts, read 112,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Hands down, almost all new multi-family housing in Smyrna and Vinings are townhomes. It's probably the most popular housing type in the area. There's some new townhomes about to be built off S. Cobb Dr near King Springs Rd in the King Springs school district known as Laurel Gate for the high $200ks/low $300ks. There's also new townhomes being built off S. Cobb Dr South of East-West Connector and North of Oakdale Rd known as White Oak in the low $200ks. There's also townhomes being built off Hawthorne Ave, and other townhomes being built off Church Rd just West of South Cobb Dr. I believe some new townhomes are also being built off various parks of Oakdale Rd. There's also plenty of existing newer townhomes along the Silver Comet Trail in your price range along the East-West Connector, with direct access to the trail. There are townhomes being constructed at the intersection of Concord Rd and N. Cooper Lake, but they may be sold out. Spring Hill Pkwy just outside of incorporated Smyrna along I-75 has a couple townhome developments going up as well.

Then, if you don't mind having a few feet between you and your neighbor, there are some great row houses by David Weekly going up in Belmont Hills at this moment, on Atlanta Rd just North of Market Village.

For "new construction", I'd suggest anything in the last 20 years. It's all pretty much the same. The ones built from 2004-ish on have a few more finishings when originally built but you can do all those things yourself and some on the market already have added them (like granite countertops)

How is the overall area around Hawthorne Avenue? I'm new to Georgia and currently living in Smyrna (off of Roswell St in the new Whitfield Parc community). We are staying with some friends until we find the right house to buy. I believe Hawthorne Avenue is only a street over from there...From what I've seen, that area seems to be ok, but definitely not the nicest part of Smyrna.

Any insights here?

Old 10-24-2014, 03:09 AM

You get what you pay for. The trick with Hawthorne Ave is be as close to Atlanta Rd as you can. Do you want an investment that's going to be a great location and is $100k less and may take a few years to really feel nice? (Hawthorne Ave, or near the river) or do you want to pay a premium now to get in the most established townhomes in Smyrna that already looks and feels amazing (along the Silver Comet Trail and Atlanta Rd South of Concord Rd)

I posted a ques in the other thread about what your "perfect" neighborhood would be like. Please answer that over there so we can help you narrow down your search more.

Last edited by netdragon; 10-24-2014 at 03:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta