Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 08:13 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,064 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

We're visiting Atlanta next week and I'd love to get your ideas on family friendly hotels. We plan to visit the Aquarium and other stuff.

I'm not too worried about prices. I just want to find a really family friendly hotel that will charm my boys. (We'll be moving to Atlanta and I'm hoping they'll be impressed. Moving is so hard on kids.)

Thank you for ideas!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We're visiting Atlanta next week and I'd love to get your ideas on family friendly hotels. We plan to visit the Aquarium and other stuff.

I'm not too worried about prices. I just want to find a really family friendly hotel that will charm my boys. (We'll be moving to Atlanta and I'm hoping they'll be impressed. Moving is so hard on kids.)

Thank you for ideas!

Alley
Hi, Alicia! Lord have mercy, how does one charm boys??? I have a 16 y.o., and I'm not sure anything would charm him! But to your question - I'd look into the Westin Peachtree Plaza. It's the tallest hotel in the city (at one point, was the tallest in North America). It's cylindrical with a glass elevator that rises the full (approx.) 80 floors. Very cool observatory on top and a neat rotating restaurant from which you get a 360 degree panoramic view of the city. Very close to the Aquarium, World of Coke, Centennial Park, College Football Hall of Fame, etc.

Want to impress your oldest boy - hubby - stay on the concierge floor of the downtown Ritz Carlton!

Old 11-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Hi, Alicia! Lord have mercy, how does one charm boys??? I have a 16 y.o., and I'm not sure anything would charm him! But to your question - I'd look into the Westin Peachtree Plaza. It's the tallest hotel in the city (at one point, was the tallest in North America). It's cylindrical with a glass elevator that rises the full (approx.) 80 floors. Very cool observatory on top and a neat rotating restaurant from which you get a 360 degree panoramic view of the city. Very close to the Aquarium, World of Coke, Centennial Park, College Football Hall of Fame, etc.

Want to impress your oldest boy - hubby - stay on the concierge floor of the downtown Ritz Carlton!
You rock, Ansley, thank you!!!! My boys are just 11 so I'm able to keep them excited.

I'm actually considering the Ritz Carlton, Atlanta -- not the Buckhead one.

Thank you so much for the Westin idea!!

Alley

Old 11-04-2014, 12:59 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,994,643 times
I would say Four Seasons Midtown: Piedmont Park, street life of midtown, the museums, botanical garden, GA Tech, the Varsity, this will show them real Atlanta--not just the touristy Atlanta. (And I mean, best French toast and coffee in the world. . .) You can drive north on Peachtree into Buckhead or south on Peachtree into the tourist area downtown and avoid the highways. Welcome!

Old 11-04-2014, 01:48 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
The Westin definitely has the cool factor, but I think the rooms are pretty small. Never stayed there myself though.

The Marriott Marquis downtown has a jaw dropping interior and it is connected to a little mall for convenience. Lots of the capitol scenes for the Hunger Games were filmed in the lobby.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:21 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
That's right. I sure recognized that carpet. lol

Old 11-04-2014, 06:15 PM

Thank you everyone!!

Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 709 times
Hi there,

Check this link,

[url=http://roomrocker.com/Place/Atlanta_1.htm#destination=place:Atlanta&radius=0mi &Rooms=0&pageSize=25&pageIndex=0&sort=Popularit y-desc&showSoldOut=false&facilities=7&scroll=206&map State=expanded%3D0]Compare & Save on Cheap Hotel Deals - RoomRocker.com[/url]

Safe travels!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:03 PM

562 posts, read 1,790,594 times
+1 on the marriott marquee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta