Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:20 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,777,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Isn't gas tax supposed to pay for the roads?
Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM

2,280 posts, read 3,020,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Whenever I've had the pleasure of dealing with Holcomb Bridge crossing 400 around rush hour. I've never thought to myself "geez, a couple million square feet of office space, residential, and retail could really relieve some of this congestion". I don't visit the area enough to know if this development is seen as a good thing, but it's already a pretty snarled up area. Not like that has ever been enough of a reason to not go forwards, just seems like it'd go from bad to really bad.
One major problem with the traffic on Holcomb Br Rd is that no other road for 4 miles in any direction crosses the Chattahoochee River. The closest crossings are GA400 (south of Exit 7/Holcomb Br Rd) or GA-141 (south of Old Alabama Rd).

Any route-candidates for routes to relieve traffic stress on Holcomb Br Rd would cut through large swaths of some fairly expensive real estate.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,670,902 times
It sounds like anyone who doesn't have to cross the Chattahoochee River southbound in the morning (because they work at Riverwalk Village instead of closer to Atlanta) will avoid a good deal of traffic.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:38 AM

10,739 posts, read 13,317,898 times
Roswell is now the king of sprawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2014, 01:09 PM

207 posts, read 321,259 times
It looks like the "Roswell East" project, pitched in 2007 on the same spot.

Roswell East could change 400 landscape - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 11-06-2014, 04:50 PM

7,348 posts, read 6,497,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
If you don't like the traffic, get off the road.

More people are coming. Drivers don't want to pay for roads. So, it will only continue to get worse.
I know, such a shame that a business that opens up at a busy intersection has to actually pay into building and maintaining that intersection.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:05 PM

37,829 posts, read 41,662,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Whenever I've had the pleasure of dealing with Holcomb Bridge crossing 400 around rush hour. I've never thought to myself "geez, a couple million square feet of office space, residential, and retail could really relieve some of this congestion". I don't visit the area enough to know if this development is seen as a good thing, but it's already a pretty snarled up area. Not like that has ever been enough of a reason to not go forwards, just seems like it'd go from bad to really bad.
^This.

I used to live on Holcomb Bridge (thankfully my work hours didn't coincide with rush hour), and I'd hate to still be there once this project got underway. There will definitely have to be some upgrades to the road and the 400 interchange to handle the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunwoodyPanhandle View Post
It looks like the "Roswell East" project, pitched in 2007 on the same spot.

Roswell East could change 400 landscape - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Yes, but at a quarter of the price tag and obviously scaled down.

I know it's not near 400, but I really wish denser development would go towards downtown Roswell. It already has a great sense of place and could truly become a smaller version of downtown Decatur IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta