Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:02 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
As soon as you marry Texas/Houston.
I think Texas will cling to traditional marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 08:55 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Our first month here from Texas and our back yard was a cornucopia
Of reds, yellows, auburns , and beautiful leaf changing colors.
We couldn't see the homes behind us...nOw the leaves are blowing and falling hard that we can now see everyone's back yard living.
Note to self : do not go into the back yard pooper scooping when the winds are blowing.
A branch missed me and by dog by inches!!!!

And yes, I love these ATL TREES!!!!l
When they aren't doing what bu2 posted

Old 11-13-2014, 09:04 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
My favorites are the maroon, orange and yellow leaves.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I have mentioned this before, but when I first moved here, it was in autumn (my favorite season), and I was so impressed with the lushness and wide variety of the color of the leaves on the trees. I thought it was beautiful but through the years, I started to appreciate it less and less. I started paying attention again and agree that the trees have been especially gorgeous this fall.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:08 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I love the deep reds. We have a Japanese Maple and it's gorgeous year round.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:08 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
We love our shade & decorative trees!
We currently have an avalanche of leaves in the front yard due to the 2 large maple trees that have grown into full-sized monsters since they were almost twig-like when planted in 1986. By contrast, the 2 adjacent front yard Japanese Maples produce a much smaller & flimsier type of leaf that doesn't do much to cover the yard as they fall. Their color is absolutely stunning at this time!
Also, the wooded part of the back yard is full of leaves too.
But, in the interest of removing the pesky seed pods that they generate, we are in the process of taking down 2 redbud trees that tend to fill the gutters with their pods. It will be sad to miss their gorgeous blooms in the spring but we will replace one of them with either a baldcypress or maybe even a variety of redwood that I spotted at our local nursery. Both of those types of trees grow in an upright columnar shape & would fit nicely in between the house & the one to the west &, as a bonus, give us minimal leafdrop.
As a tree planting tip, you can save energy in the summer on cooling costs if you plant a tree & situate it carefully so as to give shade cover to your house or yard. If it's a deciduous tree, the loss of the leaves in the fall should still give an opportunity for the warming & welcome rays of sunshine to reach your house in the winter.
As for planning where to plant trees, I've been specifically told that the boxy outdoor unit for a central air system will operate more efficiently if it is not placed where it will be operating continually while in full sun.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
I think we only have about 3 more weeks b4 all the leaves are off the trees

Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
I noticed yesterday that there were trees starting to drop them like rocks. Whole parking spaces covered up. Makes me sad the end is near.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta