Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 05:18 PM

296 posts, read 439,127 times

Advertisements

So as I stepped out of the house hoping to get the best bargains from our lovely retailers, within a mile away I find myself dealing with a flat tire -how when why, only god knows !!

I called up the roadside the guy couldn't take off the tire since its a volkswagen and needs a special lug lock key or something like that - I had no clue what that was until he mentioned. So had to get the car towed back home. The tow guy said that I could do away with a "star wrench" as well. Now, I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for the best way to get the car back on the road giving the holiday season -are there going to be shops (repair or Volkswagen) open this weekend (including tomorrow -friday)? I'm in Cobb county.

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Discount Tire should be open in the morning.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:28 PM

thanks PKCorey, guess i'd have to have the vehicle towed to their shop. Are they better in pricing than Costco ?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:01 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
At least your day wasn't as screwed up as mine. I left for South Ga this morning and halfway my car started running hot. I had to end up getting car towed from Macon to Atlanta for $280. My insurance paid $100 of it. I didn't get to eat my Thanksgiving meal so I ate 5 cookies and spaghetti for Thanksgiving today.

To answer your question I would get your insurance company to tow your car to the tire shop. It's a decent tire place off Cobb Parkway and Spring Rd

Old 11-27-2014, 08:26 PM

afdinatl, sorry to hear about your trouble..i haven't eaten anything either - no family/friends locally since i just moved so i was going to eat outside..and now - stuck at home !! oh well !! Hope you get to spend some time with the family/friends.

would you recommend me calling the towing service (through insurance) again ? do you think they'll come and is this going to impact my premiums ? Hopefully that place can actually take off the tire off a volkswagen -meaning they'll have the equipment that my roadside guy did not (which was pretty annoying because that makes the roadside assistance useless. They should carry such things with them just in case the customer doesnt have it -whats the point of "assistance" otherwise)

Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
That's why you pay them every month. They are suppose to service you. I would call them now so they can set it up so that you will be ready to go in the morning. I live in Smyrna so if you take Cobb Parkway south toward 285 you will see Spring Rd. Make a right on Spring Rd and the tire place will be on your right. Tell them you got a flat and you need your car towed to the tire shop. They might even be able to recommend a tire shop to you

Old 11-27-2014, 08:42 PM

afdinatl, great..thank you..i'll do that. I was also thinking checking out Costco's tire center by the cumberland mall..i wonder if thats any good

Old 11-27-2014, 09:43 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayr2go View Post
thanks PKCorey, guess i'd have to have the vehicle towed to their shop. Are they better in pricing than Costco ?
If its plugable, Discount can do it. Costco doesnt patch, if memory serves right.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayr2go View Post
afdinatl, sorry to hear about your trouble..i haven't eaten anything either - no family/friends locally since i just moved so i was going to eat outside..and now - stuck at home !! oh well !! Hope you get to spend some time with the family/friends.

would you recommend me calling the towing service (through insurance) again ? do you think they'll come and is this going to impact my premiums ? Hopefully that place can actually take off the tire off a volkswagen -meaning they'll have the equipment that my roadside guy did not (which was pretty annoying because that makes the roadside assistance useless. They should carry such things with them just in case the customer doesnt have it -whats the point of "assistance" otherwise)
ummm this situation is kinda your own fault. Its YOUR car, as the owner there are certain things you should know about it. Wheel care included.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:28 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,086 times
I used to have a volkswagon passat, and the lugnut was in the trunk in a plastic envelope type thing. It should be listed in your owners manual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta