U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 09:24 PM

75 posts, read 60,392 times

Advertisements

Everyone who I have spoken to says they love Woodstock. Why do people like it so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 09:18 AM

28,186 posts, read 24,748,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpninja View Post
Everyone who I have spoken to says they love Woodstock. Why do people like it so much?
They just said they loved it but wouldn't tell you why?

My guess is that it's probably because there is a good quality of life there.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:34 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,359,808 times
As I posted in a thread over two years ago:
Quote:
Safe area. Good schools. Friendly folks. Pleasant downtown area. Interesting restaurants and shops. Regular festivals and concerts. Elm Street Theater. Saturday farmers' market. What's not to like?

The only catch is that it is 40 minutes or more to downtown Atlanta.
And to that now I can add: outlet mall, Noonday creek trail, Rope Mill Park, Woofstock dog park, Greenprints Alliance (with the promise of more trails to come)

So come on up here and find out for yourself!

Old 11-29-2014, 10:07 AM

6,920 posts, read 9,619,681 times
Although most of it is not in the actual city limits (does have a Woodstock address tho), the creation of the massive Town Lake development in the late 80s/early 90s put the area on the map as a good place to live. It set the tone for following development. Prior to Town Lake, the area was seen as lower end... a lot of trailer parks, crazy, unplanned commercial development, a definite blue collar feel. Town Lake was the game changer for Woodstock no doubt.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:51 PM

75 posts, read 60,392 times
What about homes off 92 near 575? Is that a nice area?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:31 AM

6,920 posts, read 9,619,681 times
Quote:
That intersection is primarily commercial, 92 running both east and west of 575 was some of the first commercial development in the area. It still has remnants of the early days with little planning or zoning thought. Neighborhoods in that immediate area would be some of the earliest housing to pop up and probably be some of the least desirable in the area as a whole. That doesn't mean it won't be a safe or good neighborhood, but going off my memory, you will see some worn and neglected properties.

The next exit north of 92 is Towne Lake Parkway that leads to the Towne Lake development I mentioned above. It's existence is what has kept the area below it at 92 from going downhill (along with the redevelopment of the old town of Woodstock). I don't know of any one thing that would define the area you are targeting as bad, its just not as upscale as areas just north.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,359,808 times
Quote:
Agree with Saintmarks. There's nothing wrong with those neighborhoods aside from the homes being older and smaller. If you go further east on 92 you will get to developments that are newer and even some where they are still building new homes.

The area along Main Street (Hwy 5) through old town and to the north has a mix of older and newer homes, with some condos and apartments near the center of town. And, as has been mentioned, Town Lake (west of 575) is predominately newer planned communities.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:15 PM

7,803 posts, read 11,759,530 times
I don't, but then again that's the way I feel about all of Cobb County. Just the other day, I had some business over there and said to myself whilst driving back to the city: "**** me if I'd ever had to live here."

Old 11-30-2014, 11:30 PM

12,948 posts, read 21,050,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I don't, but then again that's the way I feel about all of Cobb County. Just the other day, I had some business over there and said to myself whilst driving back to the city: "**** me if I'd ever had to live here."
Woodstock ain't in Cobb County.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:01 AM

7,803 posts, read 11,759,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Woodstock ain't in Cobb County.
Huh, I'll be darned, so it isn't. Shows how much I get up to that part of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or