U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2014, 09:23 AM
 
105 posts, read 67,558 times
Reputation: 139

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
The Westboro Baptist Church would love to have you.
Oh man, thank you for bringing up the Westboro Baptist Church because here's something funny about it! The Westboro Baptist Church is a terrible church that doesn't deserve the attention it receives, nor does it represent the other 99% of Christians world-wide. Nevertheless the Left is fascinated with this church and constantly brings it up when it wants to slander christians. Weird right? So naturally I assumed this was some mega-church with huge influence on society because of all the attention it gets. I was amazed to find out that the Westboro Baptist Church has 40 members, LOL! They can't get more than 40 people to join. That's some kind of influence there. But we should still bring it up in every-single-conversation when we want to slander Christians. Meanwhile over half of the world's Muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law and an uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs and female honor killings "when appropriate" (because ya know, sometimes its justified), but we're more concerned fretting over some obscure, two-bit, "Christian" church with 40 people that everybody hates including the other 99.9% of Christians lol. The Left really has its priorities straight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Oh, and, by the way, you might wanna read what your Bible has to say about judging not, lest ye be judged.
The Bible also talks a lot about evil, identifying it, and avoiding it at all cost, lol. By most measures Islam is totally evil, so my judgment of it justified lest I fall into the clutches of its sinfulness. So I'll do my Christian duty and stick to my own non-violent religion.

 
Old 12-19-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Home of the Braves
1,164 posts, read 926,144 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
The Westboro Baptist Church is a terrible church that doesn't deserve the attention it receives, nor does it represent the other 99% of Christians world-wide.
The irony. This sentence has all of it.

 
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM
 
221 posts, read 170,627 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
Meanwhile over half of the world's Muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law and an uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs and female honor killings "when appropriate" (because ya know, sometimes its justified).
This has to be one of the most ignorant statements i've read in quite a while.

Please show me some evidence that over 50% of the world's muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law?

An uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs? Please provide this random subjective statistic as well.
 
Old 12-19-2014, 10:33 AM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,654,867 times
Reputation: 1197
My words are in bold. To be clear, Islam is just as guilty, as are other dogmas. Religion and nationalism are the causes of most of the world's problems.

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace"
John Lennon


Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
But we should still bring it up in every-single-conversation when we want to slander Christians. Meanwhile over half of the world's Muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law and an uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs and female honor killings "when appropriate" (because ya know, sometimes its justified), but we're more concerned fretting over some obscure, two-bit, "Christian" church with 40 people that everybody hates including the other 99.9% of Christians lol. The Left really has its priorities straight.
Christians have generally been okay with violence carried out by America, from slaughtering the natives, slavery, carpet bombing in Viet Nam, Shock and Awe in Iraq and everything in between. Every horrendous act of violence carried out by America has been planned, justified and implemented largely by Christians. Bush said god told him to invade Iraq. The Iraq war and the following conflicts were about religion. Every step of the way irreligious liberals have been the ones protesting the never ending series of genocides. Irreligious liberals were the ones fighting for women's rights. Irreligious liberals are the ones standing in solidarity with the lgbt community in their fought for freedom. Every step of the way the Christian majority has thought the violence, bigotry and oppression were justified.



The Bible also talks a lot about evil, identifying it, and avoiding it at all cost, lol. By most measures Islam is totally evil, so my judgment of it justified lest I fall into the clutches of its sinfulness. So I'll do my Christian duty and stick to my own non-violent religion.

The bible justifies all sorts of horrific actions. Everything from gang rape to slavery and even genocide of followers of other religions was justified and even commanded in the bible. Before you say that Christians don't have to follow the old testament, Jesus said that not an iota of the old law was to be broken. In my experience, Christians tend to not know much about the bible.

Last edited by joey86; 12-19-2014 at 10:55 AM..
 
Old 12-19-2014, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Home of the Braves
1,164 posts, read 926,144 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by travbo View Post
This has to be one of the most ignorant statements i've read in quite a while.

Please show me some evidence that over 50% of the world's muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law?




Bad news: There is a lot of popular support for this stuff.

Good news: As I've suggested early in the thread, it's really dependent on the degree to which you live in a medieval hellhole, rather than your religious faith.

Quote:
An uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs? Please provide this random subjective statistic as well.


This is generally pretty low, but I suppose any percentage is to some extent "uncomfortable." One obvious correlation: occupation by a foreign military (Palestine, Afghanistan) increases support for suicide bombings. No one ever could have predicted...
 
Old 12-19-2014, 11:09 AM
 
105 posts, read 67,558 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
The irony. This sentence has all of it.

How about you explain what is so ironic about it. Can you be any more lazy?
 
Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Home of the Braves
1,164 posts, read 926,144 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
How about you explain what is so ironic about it. Can you be any more lazy?
At least it's just one lazy post.

 
Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
 
105 posts, read 67,558 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
At least it's just one lazy post.

Fail. I knew it - you can't. It just sounded good. Substance is of no concern.
 
Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Home of the Braves
1,164 posts, read 926,144 times
Reputation: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
Fail. I knew it - you can't. It just sounded good. Substance is of no concern.
I'll elaborate, since you're confused. I don't have to explain it to the vast majority of the forum, because they already grasp the transcendent irony of your comment. I don't want to explain it to you because it's funnier this way.
 
Old 12-19-2014, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Georgia
4,948 posts, read 3,993,511 times
Reputation: 2740
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermie125 View Post
Oh man, thank you for bringing up the Westboro Baptist Church because here's something funny about it! The Westboro Baptist Church is a terrible church that doesn't deserve the attention it receives, nor does it represent the other 99% of Christians world-wide. Nevertheless the Left is fascinated with this church and constantly brings it up when it wants to slander christians. Weird right? So naturally I assumed this was some mega-church with huge influence on society because of all the attention it gets. I was amazed to find out that the Westboro Baptist Church has 40 members, LOL! They can't get more than 40 people to join. That's some kind of influence there. But we should still bring it up in every-single-conversation when we want to slander Christians. Meanwhile over half of the world's Muslim population believes in strict Sharia Law and an uncomfortably large percentage believes in suicide bombs and female honor killings "when appropriate" (because ya know, sometimes its justified), but we're more concerned fretting over some obscure, two-bit, "Christian" church with 40 people that everybody hates including the other 99.9% of Christians lol. The Left really has its priorities straight.
Possible persecution complex detected. Confidence = High.

Quote:
The Bible also talks a lot about evil, identifying it, and avoiding it at all cost, lol. By most measures Islam is totally evil, so my judgment of it justified lest I fall into the clutches of its sinfulness. So I'll do my Christian duty and stick to my own non-violent religion.
So you are a judgmental Christian. Then don't worry about me, because according to your own Bible, I'm not the one you're going to have to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top