U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-09-2014, 01:28 AM
 
1 posts, read 702 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm a single mother in my late 20's looking to move from Louisiana to Georgia. However I'm not sure which county to reside in. Also I'm a professional, master level social worker. I'm looking for a good school district for my 7 soon to be 8year old daughter. I'm also expecting, due in May. I'm looking to live in an area that's not too far to commute. I'm looking for entertainment for myself and daughter. opinions please!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2014, 03:54 AM
 
Location: Savannah GA
13,159 posts, read 15,962,673 times
Reputation: 9182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicia27 View Post
Hello,
I'm a single mother in my late 20's looking to move from Louisiana to Georgia. However I'm not sure which county to reside in. Also I'm a professional, master level social worker. I'm looking for a good school district for my 7 soon to be 8year old daughter. I'm also expecting, due in May. I'm looking to live in an area that's not too far to commute. I'm looking for entertainment for myself and daughter. opinions please!!!!
Considering your circumstances, you should probably just stay in Louisiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM
 
3,966 posts, read 10,814,719 times
Reputation: 1428
Others with your credentials have repeatedly posted how difficult it is to find work here.

Get the job first and then figure out where to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 AM
 
Location: O4W
3,744 posts, read 3,540,024 times
Reputation: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
others with your credentials have repeatedly posted how difficult it is to find work here.

Get the job first and then figure out where to live.
x2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
 
94 posts, read 67,548 times
Reputation: 61
Never go to another state or even area without a job first! U say u are pregnant? Most jobs don't hire if they know u are pregnant. Don't want to pay bill and time off work. Where is the father or fathers of your children? If they care, I don't know if it is right for u to up and take the kids from their fathers.
Having said that though, I guess there is always welfare, section 8 housing until u find a job here but make sure u already have that set up as well. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 PM
 
3,966 posts, read 10,814,719 times
Reputation: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky70 View Post
Never go to another state or even area without a job first! U say u are pregnant? Most jobs don't hire if they know u are pregnant. Don't want to pay bill and time off work. Where is the father or fathers of your children? If they care, I don't know if it is right for u to up and take the kids from their fathers.
Having said that though, I guess there is always welfare, section 8 housing until u find a job here but make sure u already have that set up as well. Good luck.
Actually GA has very little in terms of welfare, Section 8 etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2014, 04:23 PM
 
378 posts, read 309,642 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicia27 View Post
Hello,
I'm a single mother in my late 20's looking to move from Louisiana to Georgia. However I'm not sure which county to reside in. Also I'm a professional, master level social worker. I'm looking for a good school district for my 7 soon to be 8year old daughter. I'm also expecting, due in May. I'm looking to live in an area that's not too far to commute. I'm looking for entertainment for myself and daughter. opinions please!!!!
In what area will you be working? We can't suggest an area "that's not too far to commute" without that information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top