U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 01:28 PM

5,010 posts, read 3,504,190 times

Advertisements

Includes existing traffic counts and average trip times from various places in the metro area.

New Braves stadium traffic | www.myajc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 01:36 PM

298 posts, read 284,818 times
"Times are freeway travel times only. The time it takes to get from your door to the freeway entrance, and the time it takes to get from the freeway exit to your parking space at the stadium, is not included."

So basically pointless map.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:03 PM

4,981 posts, read 4,019,351 times
In what universe would it take only half an hour to get from Beaver Ruin to Cobb Parkway during evening rush hour??

Old 12-09-2014, 02:24 PM

1,957 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
In what universe would it take only half an hour to get from Beaver Ruin to Cobb Parkway during evening rush hour??
I agree. Even if the times given are only the amount of time spent on the highways, they are waaaaaaay short for 5:30-6:00PM rush hour

Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 PM

985 posts, read 1,433,635 times
First, the commute times are laughable and unbelievable. Second, the Beaver Ruin, North Fulton, and Midtown options all had alternatives public transportation options. The only folks benefitting from this relocation is Cobb County folks, and I'm ok with it. Just don't sell me a bunch a B.S.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:45 PM

222 posts, read 157,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
First, the commute times are laughable and unbelievable. Second, the Beaver Ruin, North Fulton, and Midtown options all had alternatives public transportation options. The only folks benefitting from this relocation is Cobb County folks, and I'm ok with it. Just don't sell me a bunch a B.S.
I tried the public transportation route many times from the North Fulton area. By the time I parked, waited for a train, got off at 5-points, got on a shuttle bus, and rode to Turner Field....it was almost always quicker when I just got in my car and drove myself.

If the MARTA had a stop at Turner Field, it would have been different...but alas, there isn't one. I do know Cobb won't either.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:08 PM

6,459 posts, read 5,933,440 times
Laughable. It has been quicker to get to Turner Field than it has been Cumberland Mall from Smyrna on multiple occasions, both rush hour and not.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:45 PM

22,235 posts, read 16,266,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubie16 View Post
I tried the public transportation route many times from the North Fulton area. By the time I parked, waited for a train, got off at 5-points, got on a shuttle bus, and rode to Turner Field....it was almost always quicker when I just got in my car and drove myself.

If the MARTA had a stop at Turner Field, it would have been different...but alas, there isn't one. I do know Cobb won't either.
The braves moving is the exact reason transit, funded by hundreds of millions in public funds, should never be built to a private sports team. The stadiums should be encouraged to locate close to existing transit, like the new falcons stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or