U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 09:48 AM

555 posts, read 452,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post

Hahaha, I love how that bldg went from being a bar to a MARTA station.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 01:11 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I want a way that isn't stressful and time-consuming. It's not like i'm going there to hang out. I see a game, and then I go home. They could've built this with transit in mind. Maybe put aside a few million for light rail. They might as well seeing how they're developing all of this. They can use lease money to at least build a streetcar around Cumberland. Anyway, these are just my stupid ideas.
Is this the reason for the whole uproar from the urbanist crowd? because the stadium isnt going to be by mass transit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Sure. 90% of the people could find a way to get to China if they really tried. Are they going to go there after work on a Tuesday? No.
Sorry don't know what China has to do with anything but its not going to kill you to go outside of your boundaries to a suburban county to watch a baseball game... its not that big of a deal really.

All you guys are doing is making the pro urbanest crowd look pretty pathetic. Yes they are allowed to build nice things in the suburbs, get over it...

Old 12-12-2014, 01:20 PM

1,062 posts, read 689,625 times
Quote:
The whole way all of this has gone down has made it clear that the Braves are embracing Cobb's strong history of "stop Atlanta at the river", not moving past it to link the metro. I cannot think of a more anti-Atlanta place on Earth and Cobb don't seem interested in dropping that title anytime soon.

I am sure the Braves will be quite profitable in their new location, the new location looks great. But I will not be among the ones going.
It seems to me that you, too, are quite happy to stop Atlanta at the river. Talk about a pot and a kettle...

Old 12-12-2014, 01:52 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,931,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
This looks like a C-D poster threw together something and then posted it...

Besides, if that were really the case, this would be ALL over the news.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:16 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,899,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
It seems to me that you, too, are quite happy to stop Atlanta at the river. Talk about a pot and a kettle...
Actually Cobb letting CoA annex the Cumberland area (which would also give MARTA authority there) would be a great way for Cobb-folks to prove me wrong and have me put my foot in my mouth.

But who thinks Cobb will let that happen?

Old 12-12-2014, 03:31 PM

7,844 posts, read 14,519,804 times
Quote:
Actually Cobb letting CoA annex the Cumberland area (which would also give MARTA authority there) would be a great way for Cobb-folks to prove me wrong and have me put my foot in my mouth.

You're smoking something. Why on earth would Cobb let another jurisdiction take over one of the most economically robust parts of the county? Nevermind that the Cumberland CID would never approve or agree, what possible incentive would exist for residents or the county.

Your entire world is MARTA, but in the real world, counties don't cede key business districts to other jurisdictions.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:54 PM

4,997 posts, read 3,476,872 times
Quote:

There really isn't much of an incentive for Vinings residents to allow that, and it would be interesting to see if MARTA could expand, which might be possible given that the CoA is considered a separate "MARTA service area" from Fulton, DeKalb, and Clayton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
You're smoking something. Why on earth would Cobb let another jurisdiction take over one of the most economically robust parts of the county? Nevermind that the Cumberland CID would never approve or agree, what possible incentive would exist for residents or the county.

Your entire world is MARTA, but in the real world, counties don't cede key business districts to other jurisdictions.
I don't think the CID could have any de jure say in the matter as only local residents can vote in annexation referendums.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:11 AM

3,453 posts, read 2,973,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Is this the reason for the whole uproar from the urbanist crowd? because the stadium isnt going to be by mass transit?

Sorry don't know what China has to do with anything but its not going to kill you to go outside of your boundaries to a suburban county to watch a baseball game... its not that big of a deal really.

All you guys are doing is making the pro urbanest crowd look pretty pathetic. Yes they are allowed to build nice things in the suburbs, get over it...

That's right ..... Prime Example Met Life Stadium here in NY most people drive there or catch the bus

Old 12-14-2014, 05:48 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,899,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

Exactly the sort of response I expected. And Cobb-folks are still wondering why the "Atlanta" Braves are losing fans with this move? Cobb thinks it is too good to work with Atlanta.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:55 AM
JPD

11,851 posts, read 14,468,147 times
Finally, the Cobb Braves folks have done one honest thing.

Braves’ newest stadium rendering shows them losing on the scoreboard | For The Win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or