U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 03:59 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,786,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
What just happened? I felt like I was watching the 2004-05 Hawks all over again.

- skbl17

No excuse for this game today, NONE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 04:15 PM

919 posts, read 439,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
What just happened? I felt like I was watching the 2004-05 Hawks all over again.

- skbl17
Yeah, I really thought that this team would scale down on the jumpers and mix it up more. They have the talent to do that. Kyle's only shot should not be the 3, pump-fake and get a higher percentage shot. Horford doesn't need to shoot J's all day.

Brooklyn was really moving the ball well. Atlanta didn't come to play.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,535,632 times
I thought the Hawks were going to pull this one out when they went up by 4 points, but then they jus couldn't buy a basket after that. They obviously had a bad shooting day and hopefully won't have another one anytime soon.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:47 PM

They have had three straight bad shooting games. They just aren't playing well. Teague hasn't been much of a factor (you telling me he can't take Deron or Jarret Jack?).... These guys just seem listless.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
They have had three straight bad shooting games. They just aren't playing well. Teague hasn't been much of a factor (you telling me he can't take Deron or Jarret Jack?).... These guys just seem listless.
They have, but Jack has been playing REALLY well, better than I've ever seen him in the pros. Sometimes players/teams do that when they are up against a wall and desperate to win. Look at the Pelicans with a 20 point lead on the Warriors last night - but the Warriors did at least come back and barely pull it out like I hoped the Hawks would do today.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
They have, but Jack has been playing REALLY well, better than I've ever seen him in the pros. Sometimes players/teams do that when they are up against a wall and desperate to win. Look at the Pelicans with a 20 point lead on the Warriors last night - but the Warriors did at least come back and barely pull it out like I hoped the Hawks would do today.
Yeah. All credit to Brooklyn though because they made an adjustment (switching) and ATL really didn't handle it like I thought they could. Brooklyn has clearly adjusted to our bread and butter sets, so time to see how ATL handles next game.

Oh and I hope that we draft Jakob Poetl (need a true C in the playoffs).

Old 04-25-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah. All credit to Brooklyn though because they made an adjustment (switching) and ATL really didn't handle it like I thought they could. Brooklyn has clearly adjusted to our bread and butter sets, so time to see how ATL handles next game.

Oh and I hope that we draft Jakob Poetl (need a true C in the playoffs).
It will have to be next year...he's going back to Utah for 2015-16.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM

88 posts, read 103,414 times
Quote:
Yeah, I really thought that this team would scale down on the jumpers and mix it up more. They have the talent to do that. Kyle's only shot should not be the 3, pump-fake and get a higher percentage shot. Horford doesn't need to shoot J's all day.

Brooklyn was really moving the ball well. Atlanta didn't come to play.
Absolutely agree! They seemed to move the ball better yesterday than in Game 2 but really, they need to go inside more. I'm tired of seeing all these jumpers from Horford too, mix in shots in the paint! I am cautiously optimistic we make it to the Eastern Conference Finals but we're not breezing in there by any means. And if its going to be by jumpers then look for more consternation the rest of this series and in the next round. Figured we were due for a loss anyway, will probably lose once more in this series before we take care of the Nets. I don't think Brooklyn is all that good really. But we can't seem to get out of our own way and fall into bad habits at inopportune times. Yet we can come back in games!

Frustrating game yesterday and can they call a foul in the lane? I mean really, we seem to get killed every other time down the lane and nothing gets called. Wish we had more toughness down low to give it back them.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:05 PM

975 posts, read 806,925 times
The Hawks are playing a little better tonight. Let's hope they can pull out a win in Brooklyn tonight so they can finish off the Nets in game 5 in Atlanta.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:44 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,588,241 times
Atlanta teams are known to choke in playoffs. Them sucking now isn't that surprising. They'll probably lose in this round and their entire stellar regular season was for naught.

Atlanta fans again dissaponted and people wonder why this is the worst sports city in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta