U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:24 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,422,375 times

Advertisements

The hawks needed this game to get a fill for the Cavs. No one predicted JR Smith to have 28 coming off the bench, it happens though. The team will review this game and make adjustments so not too concerned.

Last edited by dpatt.marine1; 05-20-2015 at 09:44 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 10:17 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,404,360 times
at the end of the game when Lebron drove to the hoop for the dunk it looked like Korver just cleared out of the way. Did I miss something? Shouldn't he have defended or folded or tried to get a charge?

Old 05-21-2015, 04:27 AM

6,370 posts, read 4,525,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
at the end of the game when Lebron drove to the hoop for the dunk it looked like Korver just cleared out of the way. Did I miss something? Shouldn't he have defended or folded or tried to get a charge?
I only saw Korver once or twice the whole game, it was some guy out there that looked like Korver.....but sure wasnt playing like him. Millsap cant guard James. Way too many dumb 3 pointer attempts, especially from the guy with the blonde patch number 17. Teague and Horford played well, but if the Hawks dont even the series Friday, this could be over in 5 games.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 AM

920 posts, read 439,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I only saw Korver once or twice the whole game, it was some guy out there that looked like Korver.....but sure wasnt playing like him. Millsap cant guard James. Way too many dumb 3 pointer attempts, especially from the guy with the blonde patch number 17. Teague and Horford played well, but if the Hawks dont even the series Friday, this could be over in 5 games.
I think we need to see more Milsap going at Thompson (not just posting up but taking him off the dribble), we need more Teague too, Schroeder (#17) should just attack the rim.....only take two 3s a game.

They are taking away Kyle's 3 ball but I would like to see more PnR play between Kyle and anyone (mainly he and Teague)...We need some production from him. I do agree with you on the bad 3 point attempts.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:41 PM

Well they tried....maybe some other time.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:32 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,116,905 times
Atlanta has a great team and Coaching, I'm very proud of them. So I'm expecting Atlanta to stay a competitive team.

What I think Atlanta need to do is try to get a large Center. Somebody who can protect the rim, and get rebounds, and use their weight to drive. Atlanta has everything but size.

I honestly think Atlanta should go after Deandre Jordan it doesn't have to be even a superstar just somebody to do that role.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:36 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,539,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Atlanta has a great team and Coaching, I'm very proud of them. So I'm expecting Atlanta to stay a competitive team.

What I think Atlanta need to do is try to get a large Center. Somebody who can protect the rim, and get rebounds, and use their weight to drive. Atlanta has everything but size.

I honestly think Atlanta should go after Deandre Jordan it doesn't have to even a superstar just somebody to do that role.
Jordan's free throw shooting really holds him back and makes him a liability in many situations. I'm not sure I would go that direction.

I am glad to hear people say they are proud of the Hawks season. I've heard too many comments about people being angry or disappointed that they haven't performed better...it's a good thing that a championship isn't the only measure of a successful season.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:36 PM

4,229 posts, read 4,116,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Jordan's free throw shooting really holds him back and makes him a liability in many situations. I'm not sure I would go that direction.

I am glad to hear people say they are proud of the Hawks season. I've heard too many comments about people being angry or disappointed that they haven't performed better...it's a good thing that a championship isn't the only measure of a successful season.
I agree his Free throws are terrible I was watching the clippers thinking OMG, but yet a lot of centers are. He's no Shaq but Shaq was terrible at free throws.

I believe Mike Coaching teach them chemistry that few teams have, So I believe Atlanta will stay competitive.

But the other teams be getting too be many second chances. I seen both the Cavs, and Wiz get like over 5 offensive rebounds. This is clearly a weakness. And Atlanta can't stop larger players like Lebron attacking the rim. This is exactly the role of a center. Atlanta doesn't need a superstar just someone who can break the monotony and just let the rest Jeff Teague and them do what they do.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:32 AM

Its up for grabs right now. I think Atlanta can beat Boston in 6. Glad the Hawks dodged that bad karma with Charlotte though. Saturday should be fun downtown though. Anyone going to game 1?

Old 04-15-2016, 11:05 AM

5,940 posts, read 2,904,691 times
It wasn't a bad regular season, and I think we have a decent chance against Boston, but then the problem is still as always how the heck we get past Cleveland in the 2nd round. Need some kind of strategy to neutralize Lebron somehow.

And the problem is the more you try to shut him down, the more the other Cleveland players get wide open. So in order to beat them, you really need all 5 guys on the floor to play amazing and be at all-star levels of game and hustle.

Assuming we can get thru Boston, an equally matched team to us.

Then if we somehow make it all the way to the championship, we'd likely be up against the best team in NBA history, with a guy who shoots from half court every game and makes it.

So... good luck Hawks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta