Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 07:14 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,401,399 times

Advertisements

The Spurs beat you to that. Sure, Duncan and Parker are legitimate "superstars", but they don't act like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 07:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,767,182 times
Talk to me when they bring the city a championship

Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,228,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
What I like about our team is that it is full of guys who not full of themselves. They understand that their job is play good basketball, rather than playing basketball to get endorsement deals, commercials, shoe lines, etc. If they can pull off winning the league this year, it would mark the death of the "superstar" mentality that has infected the NBA for years now.
There definitely seems to be good team chemistry on the Hawks. It was funny last night to see everybody on the bench cheering when Kyle Korver unexpectedly dunked the ball (he's not known for doing that). They're having fun and seem to like each other - unlike, say, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,228,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Hey, at least they're in the conversation this year. Who expected that? They have a legitimate chance of making the finals, which would be a first for this team.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 AM

749 posts, read 884,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Going to wait until it's a little more safe to jump on the bandwagon?

Old 01-22-2015, 09:29 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,131,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
Bandwagons are never safe to jump on!

Kudos to the Hawks. I hope they make a deep run in the postseason. Bring this team and this city a little more respect.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:41 AM

989 posts, read 1,738,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
I know, what an impossible standard, the I'm not going to be a fan until they win a Championship. I remember going to a GS game circa 2011, they were hosting Toronto. Both teams were lousy, but the game was packed. I remember going to the Hawks vs Toronto a few weeks later at Phillips, the Hawks were a playoff team and I felt like I was in a mausoleum. Atlanta Fans have been outstanding this year, Phillips is a great place to watch basketball.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:35 AM

329 posts, read 635,977 times
Me and my family will be at Philips Arena tomorrow night as the Hawks take on the Thunder... should be a good game!

2nd game I'm going to watch this season at Philips (I normally watch 2-3 regular season games).

Been a fan since I moved to ATL, its nice to see them doing really well now. Although, Im not used to them being at the very top of the Eastern Conference and the Power Rankings!

Lets go Hawks!

Old 01-22-2015, 04:54 PM

847 posts, read 1,452,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
I know, what an impossible standard, the I'm not going to be a fan until they win a Championship. I remember going to a GS game circa 2011, they were hosting Toronto. Both teams were lousy, but the game was packed. I remember going to the Hawks vs Toronto a few weeks later at Phillips, the Hawks were a playoff team and I felt like I was in a mausoleum. Atlanta Fans have been outstanding this year, Phillips is a great place to watch basketball.
I agree with this. It's good to see more people on board. The odd thing about it is that the Hawks are the only pro team here that has consistently made the playoffs for the past few years. It doesn't help that they haven't been past the second round, but there are cities that would kill for their teams to even make the postseason, much less make it out of the first round.

This may be the year where the Hawks at least make the Eastern Conference Finals or, dare I say, the NBA Finals. I am not an Atlanta native, but I hope the folks here in town get on board now rather than wait until after they make the Finals or even win a title. Part of the thrill of being a fan of a team is following them WHILE they are climbing the ladder towards a title, not AFTER they win one.

On another note, it is refreshing to see less bandwagon Heat fans around town *lol*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta