U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite mall?
Gwinnett Place 1 2.08%
North Dekalb 2 4.17%
South Dekalb 2 4.17%
Perimeter 37 77.08%
Stonecrest 4 8.33%
West End 0 0%
North Point 4 8.33%
Greenbriar 0 0%
Cumberland 7 14.58%
Southlake 3 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:58 PM

3,442 posts, read 2,817,865 times

Advertisements

What is your most and least favorite mall in the metro, and why. To make the poll fair I've excluded Lenox and Mall of Georgia. Please keep this thread about enclosed malls, and if you wish to debate, dont troll. The poll is multiple choice, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 05:41 PM

3,442 posts, read 2,817,865 times
Don't forget to post your opinions

Old 12-13-2014, 05:48 PM

338 posts, read 377,999 times
I've only ever been to Lenox, Phipps, and Perimeter. So I guess I'd have to choose Perimeter.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 PM

4,908 posts, read 3,705,971 times
Since Lenox isn't on there, I can't vote.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 PM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Lenox

Old 12-13-2014, 06:25 PM

28,113 posts, read 24,639,595 times
Among those listed I would give some points to West end. It's convenient and easy to get around in. Several of the others are just too dang big.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 PM

5,361 posts, read 4,886,734 times
Of the enclosed malls that you listed as choices to vote for, Perimeter is my most favorable mall (but not necessarily my favorite mall) because of its rail transit connection and the rising amount of higher-density development in the area.

Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville and Town Center Mall in Kennesaw probably could've been added to the list of choices to vote on just because of their significant impact on outer suburban development patterns over the last 3 decades.

Newer unenclosed malls probably also could have been added to the conversation because they are rising in popularity with the shopping public and to reflect the changing retail marketplace in Metro Atlanta and in society in general (...That's because almost all new malls are unenclosed/open air malls or "lifestyle centers" these days while the continued rise in the popularity of online shopping also seems to be adversely affecting the traditional mall shopping model and "brick-and-mortar" shopping in general).

(...Newer unenclosed/open air malls like The Forum at Ashley Park in Newnan; The Forum on Peachtree Parkway in Norcross/Peachtree Corners; The Collection at Forsyth at the GA 400/GA 141 interchange in Cumming; The Avenues East Cobb and West Cobb, etc.)

Meanwhile, niche malls like Plaza Fiesta (the Hispanic-themed, Spanish language-dominated mall on Buford Highway), Santa Fe Mall (the Hispanic-themed Spanish language-dominated mall across from Gwinnett Place Mall in Duluth), the Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta (new outlet mall off I-575 exit in Woodstock) and the North Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville (and maybe even the seemingly luxury-themed Phipps Plaza) should probably be included in the discussion for a more well-rounded conversation.

The two malls that I am probably the most favorable towards (and probably the two most popular malls in the Atlanta region, Lenox Square Mall in Buckhead and the Mall of Georgia in Buford) were left out of the conversation and left off of the list of choices to vote on....Which is understandable because their popularity would potentially dominate the conversation and overshadow the other malls in the region.

Many of the other malls on the list that the OP provided seem to be in various states of declining popularity, which is reflective of leapfrogging outer suburban development patterns and the move of the retail marketplace away from the enclosed mall model that dominated the era of the 1950's to the early 2000's....I don't know for sure, but a fully-enclosed shopping mall probably has not opened in the U.S. in about a decade or so.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:07 PM

3,962 posts, read 4,555,055 times
i would have picked perimeter even if the other two had been options. they have ruined lenox square.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:10 PM

555 posts, read 452,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i they have ruined lenox square.
How so? (I'm not at all disagreeing, just curious how you mean)

Old 12-13-2014, 07:27 PM

4,644 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i would have picked perimeter even if the other two had been options. they have ruined lenox square.
What? I would also like to know what you mean by this.

And this is what I posted in the original thread before this one was set up:

I really like Perimeter. It has a good mix, I like the layout and they have the largest/nicest Nordstrom in the Southeast. The also have the 'restaurant row' thing going on at the main entrance.

Phipps Plaza is my favorite for movies. I love the theatre there, and you can park under the mall and just take the elevator up 4 levels.

I haven't been to enough of the other malls around town in recent years to say which is my least favorite, but I would really love to see North DeKalb and Northlake freshened up.

I've never even seen Arbor Place, Northpoint, Stonecrest or Town Center. Haven't been to Cumberland, Gwinnett Place, Greenbriar, South DeKalb or Southlake in many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or