U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2014, 08:39 AM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,520,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Before the Millennials start slapping themselves on the back too hard about discovering the bus, remember that for us older folks it was routine.

We did just fine without $100 million streetcars and light rail running all over the place.
Slow down partner. Your generation and the one before yours screwed up just about everything. We'll probaly never dig ourselves out of the hole you got us in.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:03 PM

21,100 posts, read 33,079,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Slow down partner. Your generation and the one before yours screwed up just about everything. We'll probaly never dig ourselves out of the hole you got us in.
Really? Why don't you kiss my finely aged backside?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:15 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,520,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Ooh, burn.

Thanks for all the pointless wars, old timer.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:32 PM

22,235 posts, read 16,266,402 times
Quote:
Earlier generations thought it'd be a good idea to disinvest in a time proven transportation method, streetcars, and invest in free highways that allowed people to live in low desnity, car only, infrastructure wasting, suburbs. Older generations left cities due to racism and did not want to mix races in schools and churches. Tell me again how the 50's were the golden be of america for minorities?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:44 PM

27,939 posts, read 24,965,700 times
Quote:
What he said was truthful, but I think you shouldn't take it personally.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:18 PM

1,243 posts, read 989,194 times
Quote:
Ooh, burn.

You think you'll never be old??? You will and a lot sooner than you think. LOL

Pointless wars?? You mean like WWII? Blame the ones who started it-Hitler/Japan/Italy/other axis. Do you mean Korea, the one that began when the Soviet Union and communist North Korea attacked and invaded South Korea, and Russians flew the first planes and killed Americans, and China later invaded and attacked as well as captured and forced our men through torture to renounce the US on China's radio? Do you mean Vietnam, the one where the Soviet Union and their communist agents in North Vietnam invaded and tried to force communism on the South which they ultimately did win and resulted in the deaths of millions? Do you mean Gulf War I, which Saddam Hussein began when he invaded Kuwait and started siphoning off their oil and tried to force control of the world's oil supply into his own hands? Now the SECOND Gulf War I'll grant you was useless as it had no instigation and no threat to us or the world.

The Baby Boomers did a lot of damage, mostly the mainstreaming of liberalism (which they somewhat rejected later), but trying to defend the world against a bunch of communist totalitarian dictators bent on world domination and the destruction of the USA isn't one of them.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:25 PM

1,850 posts, read 2,357,546 times
Embarrassed for what reason?

You're acting as if no other project has had delays and it's only exclusive to Atlanta.

It's such an exciting project and you're embarrassed.

Haha, you call it: "a tiny 2 mile streetcar line"......as if you have experience managing big(or tiny) rail construction projects.

Why is it a failure? Because you said it was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Anyone remember, "We'll have it opened and ready by Spring 2014.". I do.

Anyone remember, "We'll have it opened and running by Summer 2014". I do.

Anyone remember, "We'll have it opened by Fall 2014". I do.

Anyone remember, "We'll have it opened by November 2014". I do.

Anyone remember, "Well have it opened by Mid-December". I do.

Now Reed is saying he pledges it will be opened by the 31st. I'm so embarrassed for this city. This is already a win for the anti-transit folks. I'm willing to bet 6 months after opening, the numbers will be another win for them, if it ever opens.

It was a chance for Atlanta to finally show everyone that they're ready to begin expanding their transit. They just failed. Failed. They really can't open a tiny 2 mile streetcar line on time? Really? Okay, I can expect a delay or two...fine! We're almost the next year they promised. And I know the Atlanta boosters will give excuses for the city, but that's not going to be the thing that gets more streetcars on the streets of Atlanta.

Embarrassing. Congrats to the post-driving/anti-transit crowd. A big win for you. Atlanta NEVER does anything right. It's become a joke.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:27 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,044,679 times
Quote:
Ooh, burn.

Oh, really? How extremely rude, and you know nothing of her feelings on those matters.

Your wild & insane pronouncement was bound to attract some well-deserved pushback.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:31 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,044,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post

Pointless wars?? You mean like WWII? Blame the ones who started it-Hitler/Japan/Italy/other axis. Do you mean Korea, the one that began when the Soviet Union and communist North Korea attacked and invaded South Korea, and Russians flew the first planes and killed Americans, and China later invaded and attacked as well as captured and forced our men through torture to renounce the US on China's radio? Do you mean Vietnam, the one where the Soviet Union and their communist agents in North Vietnam invaded and tried to force communism on the South which they ultimately did win and resulted in the deaths of millions? Do you mean Gulf War I, which Saddam Hussein began when he invaded Kuwait and started siphoning off their oil and tried to force control of the world's oil supply into his own hands? Now the SECOND Gulf War I'll grant you was useless as it had no instigation and no threat to us or the world.

The Baby Boomers did a lot of damage, mostly the mainstreaming of liberalism (which they somewhat rejected later), but trying to defend the world against a bunch of communist totalitarian dictators bent on world domination and the destruction of the USA isn't one of them.
Touche!

That was an absolutely reprehensible remark that was made, in my opinion of course.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:43 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,898,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post

To be honest we did put Saddam in power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or