U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2016, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Reputation: 4894

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I would really like to see a few 500 footers mixed in with the sea of 20-30 story buildings just to add some depths and variety to that part of the skyline, but it seems like all of the towers between 4th and 10th are below 400 feet and all of the towers taller than 400 feet are all north of 10th.
35 story south of 10th.
Midtown land sale hints at possible start to high-profile Peachtree project - Curbed Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 PM
 
6,795 posts, read 6,589,949 times
Reputation: 5411
Likely won't be over 400 feet...probably 370 or 380.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 07:35 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,587 posts, read 1,496,902 times
Reputation: 3379
For the most part, I like the buildings we're getting. We need a 600'+ between 4th and 10th, though. Would really help tie the skyline together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
 
4,013 posts, read 2,289,155 times
Reputation: 1967
Im sure Apache Cafe will be next on the chopping block. Hopefully they will move to UA whenever that happens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Reputation: 4894
Tech's Coda project is set to get underway, fencing has gone up to demo the SunTrust bank branch.
In Midtown, demolition pending for Coda sites at Tech Square - Curbed Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2016, 03:14 PM
 
631 posts, read 330,140 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Tech's Coda project is set to get underway, fencing has gone up to demo the SunTrust bank branch.
In Midtown, demolition pending for Coda sites at Tech Square - Curbed Atlanta
Really wish they had put some designs in that building that reflected the Crum building, otherwise it just looks out of place, even if it's a modern design, but has some calls to the original building there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2016, 05:48 PM
 
1,367 posts, read 1,570,555 times
Reputation: 805
On a beautiful day like today I can really appreciate how much more urban all of the new development is making Midtown feel. There are still a lot of gaps in the urban fabric that need to be filled in, especially on Peachtree, but it just feels like Midtown has grown up a bit over the last few of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2016, 06:06 PM
 
6,612 posts, read 6,537,578 times
Reputation: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Really wish they had put some designs in that building that reflected the Crum building, otherwise it just looks out of place, even if it's a modern design, but has some calls to the original building there.

At first I was a little irritated that they didn't incorporate the Crum into the overall design, but now I'm glad it stands alone like a totally separate space. It's such a beautiful building and I'm not sure it would have connected will with CODA anyway, and now we can just pretend that it was never meant to be part of that development. It's just a piece of history sitting there that survived, well, partly intact. Maybe they can come up with some appropriate use for it like a museum or library or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2016, 06:22 PM
 
4,013 posts, read 2,289,155 times
Reputation: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
On a beautiful day like today I can really appreciate how much more urban all of the new development is making Midtown feel. There are still a lot of gaps in the urban fabric that need to be filled in, especially on Peachtree, but it just feels like Midtown has grown up a bit over the last few of years.
Yes. We still need several things in Midtown for it to be complete such as a retail shopping district, at least two more grocery stores, some more entertainment such as an bowling alley and a movie theater (Colony Square) and it will be complete but overall Midtown has improved significantly since I been back in Atlanta in 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2016, 07:02 PM
 
1,367 posts, read 1,570,555 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
At first I was a little irritated that they didn't incorporate the Crum into the overall design, but now I'm glad it stands alone like a totally separate space. It's such a beautiful building and I'm not sure it would have connected will with CODA anyway, and now we can just pretend that it was never meant to be part of that development. It's just a piece of history sitting there that survived, well, partly intact. Maybe they can come up with some appropriate use for it like a museum or library or something.
The plan is for a chef-driven restaurant to occupy the Crum & Forster building. A museum of some sort would have been nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top