Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:10 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times

Advertisements

Brookhaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
You could at least try to make sense instead of screaming insults. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
Why don't you highlight Atlanta neighborhood positives, instead of your cockamamie attempt to diminish Chicago and Philadelphia. Chicago in particular. You bring NYC into the discussion as if it has anything to do with Atlanta. Hence, my facetious comment about NYC being a suburb of Atlanta.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Why don't you highlight Atlanta neighborhood positives, instead of your cockamamie attempt to diminish Chicago and Philadelphia. Chicago in particular. You bring NYC into the discussion as if it has anything to do with Atlanta. Hence, my facetious comment about NYC being a suburb of Atlanta.
Oh I get it... You want to fantasize those cities are New York's equal, hence why you're mad (after reading your posts, I see you are FROM the Chicago area so that offers some explanation). They aren't. I wasn't trying to "diminish" those GREAT cities. I merely pointed out a universally recognized fact that NYC is the top of the heap in the US. And *I* didn't bring those cities into the convo. I responded to something LovelySummer said in which she/he brought up northern cities. Chicago and Philadelphia are not NYC's equal and that's well known. NY is the US's cultural/economic/finance/business hub. Those other cities (Atlanta too) are important too, just not as important as NY.

But back to the topic, I would be underwhelmed by Little 5 points. Not because it "lacks" anything. It's probably Atlanta's BEST neighborhood to a lot of people, but it doesn't appeal to me because I'm not the type of person who would fit in there. I'm not an urban "hipster" by any means.

Last edited by AtlantaIsHot; 12-21-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 08:02 PM

338 posts, read 556,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Brookhaven.
Yeah I can definitely see Brookhaven being a bit overrated. Guy I knew wanted to live over by those apartments where the Flying Biscuit and all those other shops were. Those units are new but they're so overpriced! Definitely not worth the money and the fact that you're not really near much. Unless you don't mind driving to Buckhead I suppose.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:38 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
Oh I get it... You want to fantasize those cities are New York's equal, hence why you're mad (after reading your posts, I see you are FROM the Chicago area so that offers some explanation). They aren't. I wasn't trying to "diminish" those GREAT cities. I merely pointed out a universally recognized fact that NYC is the top of the heap in the US. And *I* didn't bring those cities into the convo. I responded to something LovelySummer said in which she/he brought up northern cities. Chicago and Philadelphia are not NYC's equal and that's well known. NY is the US's cultural/economic/finance/business hub. Those other cities (Atlanta too) are important too, just not as important as NY.
Wow, now I'm the one fantasizing? Absurd! The author, nor LovelySummer, brought up the city of Chicago, you did!. Below are LovelySummer's words, read them. The author "critiqued" Buckhead, Midtown, Virginia Highland, and mentioned Brookhaven. And to defend Atlanta, you pen drivel about NYC being better than Chicago and Philadelphia. That makes Atlanta better, how?

It was the author who brought up New York, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Los Angeles in the second paragraph. Of course, you didn't read the article. If you did, you are allowing your emotions to muddle your thoughts.

Absolutely, I'm from Harvey, IL! Therefore, despite that you've allowed many to delude you with their opinion that Chicago is overrated. I know better.

"The problem is that he is comparing a southern city to megacities in the north. He is the fool to even waste his time. All he has said is Atlanta does not compare to the megacities up north. We all already know that. Duh. He loses credibility with me bc he was not smart enough to know that in the first place." LovelySummer

Old 12-21-2014, 10:17 PM

305 posts, read 416,745 times
I would say Perimeter... its a bit of civil madness(around the complexes) and terrible management going on out there if youre renting. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Brookhaven.
This also, too pricey for what you get.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:57 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
obviously the guy has problems that go way beyond living in atlanta. i wouldn't pay him any mind. i got a bit irked at first, but as i read on, his complaints made less and less sense—for example, he complains about local restaurants and then complains about chains, then he complains about buckhead not "being walkable", and then he complains about midtown having "no free parking".

at this point i checked out the rest of his blog— this is the only entry. his bio page complains about how he doesn't have any friends and how everyone calls him a yankee, which also doesn't make a great deal of sense, considering half of the people in the metro area aren't from anywhere that could be possibly referred to as "the south".

i think the poor guy might be depressed. i wouldn't bother writing him an angry e-mail, but perhaps someone should try and reach out and see if he's okay?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwhat View Post
Interesting set of comments we have here. I understand a lot of you love Atlanta and I'm pretty fond of it as well, but does anyone have neighborhoods in Atlanta that they feel are overrated?
i thought we were replying to the blog post. when it comes to actual criticism, yeah, we have a lot of neighbourhoods that are overrated. kirkwood comes to mind. kirkwood is nice, sure, but it's been named as the #1 neighbourhood in ATL by a couple of different publications now, and i don't get why it's supposed to be better than midtown.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:19 AM

567 posts, read 889,620 times
Little 5 points. People talk about its strong counterculture vibe and the eclectic mix of stores and people.. but whenever I go there.. it just feels dead. The only interesting things there are junkyards daughter and the large skull thats the vortex..maybe I'm missing something..

Old 12-22-2014, 04:52 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep3 View Post
I would say Perimeter... its a bit of civil madness(around the complexes) and terrible management going on out there if youre renting. :\

This also, too pricey for what you get.
DeKalb county schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta