U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 02:24 PM

29 posts, read 28,949 times

Advertisements

Just curious...are there any noticeable concentrations of middle class Mexican Americans in the Atlanta area? There has been a sizable population here for decades now but I can't think of such an area. I know most people would assume they live among other nationalities and ethnicities but I don't see any really in middle class and upper income communities in the Atlanta area either. I just thought this was odd seeing that every other group has an ethnic enclave for middle class and higher to choose from or live in more mixed communities. Can someone fill me in on maybe something cultural I may be missing out on or the part of town I am apparently oblivious to?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 03:01 PM

58 posts, read 55,592 times
no

If someone is of Mexican descent and a white collar professional more than likely they have assimilated into overall ATL society,rather than a Balkanized group

Old 12-22-2014, 03:35 PM

3,442 posts, read 2,817,865 times
Well there's hispanics around Buford Highway in Dekalb and Gwinnett, and in North Clayton County. Not exactly sure if they're middle class or not but you can ask them yourself if you want.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:37 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,976,792 times
I imagine you would find some if you network with parents at AIS. There is a spanish language track and undoubtably, many are wealthy or at least middle class people of Mexican descent. Half the student population is from outside the U.S. You could check the areas of Buckhead around the school. Apart from those parents, I do know of at least a few. Brookhaven and Buckhead/Sandy Springs are the areas in which they live but, as the previous poster indicated, they are assimilated into just a regular neighborhood composed of a mismash of folk of different backgrounds (who have $$$).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or