U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 4,602 times

Advertisements

The accident report took more than a month to complete so I had to get the repair work done on my car through my own insurance even though their driver was cited for the accident, as she hit me while I was literally sitting in traffic on a Monday morning headed to work. For this reason I have had to pick up a lot of personal costs including my deductible.
Since that time my insurance company has been trying to collect but each time he calls he continues to get bounced from one department to another with no one taking the responsibility nor helping to resolve this issue.
I have personally gotten involved and have made inquiries on my own only to draw the same road blocks.

My accident number is 14272080100 and the accident occurred on Centennial Olympic Pkwy Monday September 29th at 8:05 AM.

It is important that I recover the loss as well as my personal expenses as this has dragged on for months and I still do not know who the appropriate contact is. If someone could please help me get to the proper authorities it would definitely save a lot of embarrassment for everyone as I would not be forced to use my position in the media. As you may imagine, the reporters that I know are begging me for the opportunity to run a story implying that GDOT and or Xpress are trying to deny remuneration to a victim of the carelessness of one of its drivers.

Thank you,
Andrew Ciraci
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 AM

Clear direction toward a resolution would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,957,081 times
Claiming to "use your position in the media" makes you sound like you are full of yourself. No one cares and it makes you less credible.

What does GDOT have to do with it?

You need to contact Risk management at
Georgia Regional Transportation Authority
245 Peachtree Center Avenue, NE
Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303-1426
comments(at)grta(dot)org

Phone: 404-463-3000
Fax: 404-463-3060

Best bet is to send a certified letter and attach a copy of the police report and all receipts.

The letter should read something like this:

On September 29, 2014 your driver struck my vehicle while I was stopped at a red light at the intersection of x and x. Your driver was cited for the accident. Refer to attached police report.

My expenses were as follows:

$xx car repair
$xx taxi fare after accident
$xx rental car cost while car was being repaired

Of the above, $xxx was paid by my insurance company. Please see copies of receipts and statements.

This leaves $xxx out-of-pocket including my deductible, which you are responsible for paying. Please remit a check for this amount to my address, 123 Any Street etc. within ten (10) days.

###

it is not your responsibility to collect subrogation to your insurance, and don't expect them to respond to your demands for such. You can pass contact information you gain onto your insurance adjuster and let them do their job.

Anything you don't have a receipt for you can't ask them to cover. Period.

I'm not sure why you feel there is any embarrassment. Using words like that make you see like a drama queen. This is strictly a business transaction, and if you try to make it anything but, you won't get very far.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:31 AM

7,689 posts, read 9,532,497 times
I don't understand why you would get involved at all....just let the insurance company deal with it.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 AM

1,856 posts, read 2,893,292 times
and you are still alive to talk about it?

Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I don't understand why you would get involved at all....just let the insurance company deal with it.
The insurance company will not attempt to recover the deductible or certain other out-of-pocket expenses.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:15 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,444,494 times
Get. An. Attorney.

/endthread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Default Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Claiming to "use your position in the media" makes you sound like you are full of yourself. No one cares and it makes you less credible. I make this point because I've heard horror stories about how they continually delay the process in an effort to exhaust those trying to collect banking on many who simply give up

What does GDOT have to do with it? I was told that they are the governing body for GA Xpress

You need to contact Risk management at
Georgia Regional Transportation Authority
245 Peachtree Center Avenue, NE
Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303-1426
comments(at)grta(dot)org

Phone: 404-463-3000
Fax: 404-463-3060

Best bet is to send a certified letter and attach a copy of the police report and all receipts.

The letter should read something like this:

On September 29, 2014 your driver struck my vehicle while I was stopped at a red light at the intersection of x and x. Your driver was cited for the accident. Refer to attached police report.

My expenses were as follows:

$xx car repair
$xx taxi fare after accident
$xx rental car cost while car was being repaired

Of the above, $xxx was paid by my insurance company. Please see copies of receipts and statements.

This leaves $xxx out-of-pocket including my deductible, which you are responsible for paying. Please remit a check for this amount to my address, 123 Any Street etc. within ten (10) days.

###

it is not your responsibility to collect subrogation to your insurance, and don't expect them to respond to your demands for such. You can pass contact information you gain onto your insurance adjuster and let them do their job.

Anything you don't have a receipt for you can't ask them to cover. Period.

I'm not sure why you feel there is any embarrassment. Using words like that make you see like a drama queen. This is strictly a business transaction, and if you try to make it anything but, you won't get very far. Drama Queen? LOL. IMHO it is an embarrassment to be a state agency which doesn't live up to it's basic liability, particularly to it's own taxpayers.
Thanks again for your reply and your good direction.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:18 PM

4,143 posts, read 5,735,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The insurance company will not attempt to recover the deductible or certain other out-of-pocket expenses.
Why not? Long as he isn't at fault, his insurance company will get his deductible back for him.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Why not? Long as he isn't at fault, his insurance company will get his deductible back for him.
I have always had to pursue the person who caused the accident to get my deductible back on my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or