U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 04:48 PM

4,908 posts, read 3,704,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Kind of duplicate service. Also, that corridor is served by the 110, which does an excellent job of serving the current ridership.
110 does an excellent job? You're kidding right? It may be one of MARTA's best bus routes, but it's severely overcrowded, I was hoping 110 would get headways to match the rail service, but it looks like now nothing will change until a streetcar is built along its route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 05:09 PM

22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
110 does an excellent job? You're kidding right? It may be one of MARTA's best bus routes, but it's severely overcrowded, I was hoping 110 would get headways to match the rail service, but it looks like now nothing will change until a streetcar is built along its route.
Overcrowded? Must be doing something right. It does need 10 minute headways during rush hour, but 15 isn't horrible.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:21 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,553,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
Correct. The area is actually called Pershing Point, if I'm not mistaken. I hope that when Dewberry finally gets around to developing the area, that the plans for a Marta infill station are revived. The area is a bit of a hike from the closest station (Arts Center).
Quote:
That would be terribly expensive.
all the rail projects are going to be terribly expensive. the fact of the matter is that with the buckhead triangle emerging as a job and residential center means that it will eventually require grade-separated transit. i could see a MARTA line running under peachtree up to buckhead station, with the first stop at brookwood, as a viable option.

what everyone ignores about these rail projects is that essentially we don't pay for it— the federal government provides most of the funds for these projects, and if it doesn't go to us, it will get spent elsewhere. it is just a matter of filling out all the paperwork and taking the required steps to secure the funding.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:58 PM

49 posts, read 37,487 times
I would love to see "uptown" Atlanta developed, but before that if we could just get a wee bit more infill in the downtown/midtown core. What's happening now in the area is great, but I wouldn't mind several more parking lots being redeveloped.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:44 PM

743 posts, read 652,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w5_junk13 View Post
I would love to see "uptown" Atlanta developed, but before that if we could just get a wee bit more infill in the downtown/midtown core. What's happening now in the area is great, but I wouldn't mind several more parking lots being redeveloped.
Agreed.

Old 12-25-2014, 12:28 AM

145 posts, read 236,647 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving my point about demand riders in atlanta and the stigma against buses.
It's not so much the stigma but for the lack of simple conveniences that would make riding the bus less of a hassle. In my area, there aren't any sidewalks to walk to the bus stops, and the stops themselves are poles in the ground surrounded by well-worn red dirt with cow paths leading away in several directions. There's no shelter, bench, or trash can, and you feel exposed. I don't know how the elderly, disabled, or anyone with a stroller deals with it, but when you have no choice, I guess you put up with it.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:29 PM

2,123 posts, read 3,390,845 times
Honestly have never heard anyone refer to anything in ATL as uptown before coming into this thread lol

Old 12-26-2014, 02:15 PM

105 posts, read 116,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w5_junk13 View Post
Love it when a parking lot dies for another high-rise development!

Old 12-26-2014, 03:03 PM

22,147 posts, read 16,140,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaud12 View Post
Love it when a parking lot dies for another high-rise development!
Death to all surface parking lots in the core.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:30 PM

105 posts, read 116,177 times
Quote:
Death to all surface parking lots in the core.
With you on that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or